Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Need to replace Mirus/Zen-Fire! Any recommendations?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need to replace Mirus/Zen-Fire! Any recommendations?

Mirus, IMHO has been going down the drain. No response from support. I no longer have an account rep and I get funneled to support which has admitted that they "lost" my emails. They said connectivity had been restored - they consider connectivity restored when it was up for an hour. I am vey disappointed in what I thought used to be a good and responsive broker. Any recommendations for a new broker and especially a good data feed other than Zen-Fire?

Interactive Broker's TWS with Ninja.

Comment

I would go for AMP with CQG. Very good support and cheap commissions.

Comment

Originally posted by higler View Post
        Mirus, IMHO has been going down the drain. No response from support. I no longer have an account rep and I get funneled to support which has admitted that they "lost" my emails. They said connectivity had been restored - they consider connectivity restored when it was up for an hour. I am vey disappointed in what I thought used to be a good and responsive broker. Any recommendations for a new broker and especially a good data feed other than Zen-Fire?
        I know that Mirus/Zen-Fire are your partners Ninja, so maybe don't want us recommending someone else. But AMP using CQG are also your partners and we just want to trade without this mess obviously. And there's also all the poor communication issues. Mirus doesn't seem to be in touch with the realities of this situation.

higler;356798, I haven't used AMP with CQG, so I can't recommend them from personal experience. But I see them being recommended on other websites in relation to this. And other platforms and data feeds too as laocoon has.

Comment

Ninjatrader support staff have been very helpful through the debacle, but to be honest I'm unhappy with NT as well. They seem to be shielding ZenFire through this whole mess. It seems strange to me that they don't stick two fingers up to ZenFire and tell them to come to the forum and answer questions themselves.

The relaying of messages from ZenFire is a service they're providing to ZenFire to protect ZenFire from angry users. IMO, that makes them complicit in this ill treatment of their customers.

As I haven't bought an NT lifetime licence I am also exploring other platforms. It wouldn't be fair to NT to discuss those here so I'll refrain from commenting on what I've been finding.

Comment

Originally posted by bce111 View Post
            I know that Mirus/Zen-Fire are your partners Ninja, so maybe don't want us recommending someone else. But AMP using CQG are also your partners and we just want to trade without this mess obviously. And there's also all the poor communication issues. Mirus doesn't seem to be in touch with the realities of this situation.

higler;356798, I haven't used AMP with CQG, so I can't recommend them from personal experience. But I see them being recommended on other websites in relation to this. And other platforms and data feeds too as laocoon has.
            Here's some discussion of the Rithmic, Zen-Fire disconnect at EliteTrader.com. And you can start at the first page. http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/showth...6&pagenumber=7

Comment

Just received an email from AMP which is basically like the blurb in EliteTrader. I'm sure sending the email wasn't coincidental.

Comment

I'm done with Zen-Fire and Mirus. They used to be great. Now I'm having trouble contacting anyone so I can get my money and switch brokers. Even if it does get "fixed" I have no confidence that it will be reliable. Mirus/Zen-Fire/NT have been so secretive about the real cause of this fiasco as to remove all confidence in this combination even if they do claim again that it has been fixed.

Comment

Can I do This?

I am a Ninja lic holder, I like the software and want to stay with Ninja charting plus I love trading off the chart with Chart Trader. Question: Can I use data from a vendor like Kinetick and still use chart trader with my trades still being routed thru Mirus?

Lets be fair, the problem is ZENFIRE, Ninja is the charting and Mirus is the broker.
                  This is a server connection problem and that's ZENFIRE.

IMHO,,
                  Maybe Mirus will consider changing data providers?

Comment

Originally posted by davidjrjr View Post
                    I am a Ninja lic holder, I like the software and want to stay with Ninja charting plus I love trading off the chart with Chart Trader. Question: Can I use data from a vendor like Kinetick and still use chart trader with my trades still being routed thru Mirus?

Lets be fair, the problem is ZENFIRE, Ninja is the charting and Mirus is the broker.
                    This is a server connection problem and that's ZENFIRE.

IMHO,,
                    Maybe Mirus will consider changing data providers?
                    Mirus and Zen_Fire are joined at the hip so that's not going to happen. http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/f...ad.php?t=62826

Comment

This ranks right up there with ObamaCare as one of the worst software updates/rollouts in history. Zen-Fire/NT are using us as beta testers ala ObamaCare. Maybe I can register for ObamaCare through ZF/NT? Or maybe I can trade futures through ObamaCare - I would have just as much success.

Comment

Hello davidjrjr,

Kinetick is our preferred market data feed and it will provide market data to NinjaTrader which will allow you to then route orders through ZenFire to your broker. However, this would require ZenFire to be connected as well. Currently ZenFire is experiencing connections issues and until those have been resolved you would run into similar issues while trying to trade to your brokerage account that relies on ZenFire as an order routing technology.

With that said, Kinetick being fast and reliable, will provide you with market data to monitor the markets and also allow you to sim trade independent from the current ZenFire connection issues.

Comment

If it still has to be routed thru ZenFire then it doesn't make any sense
                          to pay that extra fee just to simm trade...

Can you give me a list of recommended brokers that use Ninja but with a diff data provider?

Comment

Hello davidjrjr,

You may find all of our brokers listed here: http://www.ninjatrader.com/Ecosystem/Broker.php

Comment

Seems like my only option is to look for another broker, one that uses a different data
                              provider... anyone have any experience with AMP or IB.? I understand they use CQG.
                              Has CQG been stable?

thanks for the help

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by JoMoon2024, Today, 06:56 AM
                              0 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post JoMoon2024  
                              Started by Haiasi, 04-25-2024, 06:53 PM
                              2 responses