Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Suggestion: NT / Mirus / Zen, how about a proper apology for the debacle that is R18?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Suggestion: NT / Mirus / Zen, how about a proper apology for the debacle that is R18?

NT / Mirus / Zen, how about a proper apology for the debacle that is R18?

And while you're about it, create a thread here to keep us up-to-date with ALL the problems found and when each one is rectified

This isn't funny! We are hemorrhaging money and the support reps here keep suggesting we send in emails or phone the Zen support number (which is too busy to take calls).

You've treated your users as beta testers, forced them to close trades and update their platform with a non-working one (without much notice) and when they hit problems your support desks were closed for the night. Now the markets have opened, the platform isn't working properly, people are losing money and we are getting fed mushroom food. Not even a frank mea culpa!

Man up, admit the major ****-up, sticky the thread and keep updating it with what's happening to fix the numerous problems. The PR disaster you're trying to avoid will actually be worse if you don't step forward, admit the problems and do something.

Folk, hit the thanks button if you're as annoyed as I am and want them to take responsibility and do the decent thing.

If anyone is interested throughout this mess IQ feed and NT were working fine, but since the price engine at Mirus seems to be completely dependent on ZenFire, one cannot reliably trade. I have three colleagues trading Sierra and IQ feed and they have not had one problem. So Ninja, what is it going to be, act like an adult and tell us what buggered up this mess you call Version 18, or are you going to continue to hide behind the brokers and blame them?
    DaveN

Comment

Originally posted by Instamess View Post
      NT / Mirus / Zen, how about a proper apology for the debacle that is R18?
      While I definitely agree with you, what I really want (much more than an apology) is either a V.18 that works perfectly by tomorrow morning (not likely), or the ability to downgrade to V.17.

Comment

And you (NT/Mirus/Zen) put a trade into my account that I never did.

How many clients do you want to wake up the next day to find out they had a position they never initiated and they had just lost their account?

Shame on you!

A complaint to NFA is definitely on the cards.

Comment

NT have at last responded to all the problems and posted this announcement and this status update in the last few minutes.

Zen-Fire advises that traders do not trade live until they resolve the connection stability issue.

Comment

Hi All,

I have just posted an update thread.

Raymond Deux
            CEO
            RayNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks, Ray. You've posted this official statement from ZenFire and have promised to update us. I, for one, will be looking out for your update anxiously.

Strange thing, though. Why doesn't ZenFire make the post themselves ... and take the rap?! Why aren't they here talking to us and answering questions? If the majority of the problems are of their making, or within their control, don't you think they have been strangely absent from the conversation?

One question I'd like to ask them is why it took them so long to get their finger out (and that was just to make a public announcement accepting the problem!) I'm sure others have questions they'd like to ask too - about lost money, about our unpaid positions as beta testers etc.

PS: In the two and half hours since you posted the official statement there's been no update to the status. Has nothing changed?

Comment

Instamess,
                Unless I am mistaken, NinjaTrader and ZenFire are both parts of the same organization. They seem to have separate identities and support teams but I believe they are owned and controlled by the same people, and that is NinjaTrader. If I am wrong anyone, please correct me. Hence a post from Ray is a post from ZenFire, whether they admit to it or not.

Comment

Hello daven,

NinjaTrader and ZenFire are two different organizations owned and operated by two different companies. Ray's post was on behalf of ZenFire.

Comment

Thanks, Ray. You've posted this official statement from ZenFire and have promised to update us. I, for one, will be looking out for your update anxiously.

Strange thing, though. Why doesn't ZenFire make the post themselves ... and take the rap?! Why aren't they here talking to us and answering questions? If the majority of the problems are of their making, or within their control, don't you think they have been strangely absent from the conversation?

One question I'd like to ask them is why it took them so long to get their finger out (and that was just to make a public announcement accepting the problem!) I'm sure others have questions they'd like to ask too - about lost money, about our unpaid positions as beta testers etc.

PS: In the two and half hours since you posted the official statement there's been no update to the status. Has nothing changed?
                    Good questions.

I will do my best to provide information to our clients related to this Zen-Fire upgrade in a timely manner and when I receive it. I can't comment on Zen-Fire's communication approach.

Another post stated that NinjaTrader and Zen-Fire have the same ownership. This is an inaccurate statement. NinjaTrader is owned by myself and two other partners. There are no other shareholders in NinjaTrader and nor do we own shares in Zen-Fire or any other brokerage or brokerage technology company.

I will be posting an update to our status page shortly.

Comment

Thanks for the correction though the fact remains, why doesn't ZenFire step up and take responsibility for this mess. It appears that they are the source of the problem, unless I am again mistaken.

Comment

Thanks for your clarification, Ray.

So, we know ZenFire are in hiding. But seeing that you are here, can you confirm that NinjaTrader had tested and approved Release 18 and were completely satisfied with it?

What part did your company play in the decision to spring this forced upgrade on us with hardly any notice?

What makes you think it is okay to demand traders close all their open trades at a time of YOUR choosing ... which is what you required when you demanded we upgrade to R18?

Comment

Big mikes forums has alot more information than here and what git us to this point. ... I've seen posts from middle of month discussing everything that was going down. I'm all caught up.

So, we know ZenFire are in hiding. But seeing that you are here, can you confirm that NinjaTrader had tested and approved Release 18 and were completely satisfied with it?

What part did your company play in the decision to spring this forced upgrade on us with hardly any notice?

What makes you think it is okay to demand traders close all their open trades at a time of YOUR choosing ... which is what you required when you demanded we upgrade to R18?

Comment

Yes, we had approved R18 release and it had undergone standard testing we apply to all of our releases. If it had not passed, we would not have released it.

The timing of this upgrade was determined by Zen-Fire.

Comment

Thanks sledge, but I don't go there. For one, every time I click a link on that forum I get asked to pay money for membership! For another, I don't have the time for trading forums.

Anyway, it's not up to users to frequent every trading forum out there on the off chance that one of them will have the latest info on NT. It's NT's job to keep us posted of big changes like this. If they knew about it months ago then that's even more despicable that users weren't informed of the pending upheaval.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by MacDad, 02-25-2024, 11:48 PM
                              7 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post loganjarosz123  
                              Started by Belfortbucks, Today, 09:29 PM
                              0 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post Belfortbucks