Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Complied indicator locking up NT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Complied indicator locking up NT

I made some changes to a working indicator, then compiled the indicator. The indi compiled without any problems. But, when I updated the indi on my chart it locked up NT and NT shutdown. When I try to restart NT it locks up and shuts down because it is trying to open the same workspace which includes the offending indicator.

When this happened previously I uninstalled and reinstalled NT. The reinstall only includes NT stock indicators so the offending indi was not installed. But that takes a lot of time, plus I have to reinstall all of my 3rd party and personally created indicators.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how I can get to the ofending indi without having to do a complete uninstall/reinstall?

Thanks,
    Ron

Hello RonKiker,

Thank you for your post.

Please send me your log and trace files for today so that I may look into what occurred.

You can do this by going to the Control Center-> Help-> Mail to Support.

Please place 'ATTN: Patrick - 904744' in the subject line and reference this threadd in the body of the email: http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/f...ad.php?t=60469

I look forward to assisting you further.

Comment

Patrick,

How can I get to the control center if NT keeps locking up and shutting down because it is trying to open the offending workspace and indicator?

Anyway, I have already been given a solution over on Big Mike's forum.

The solution I used was to go to \Documents\NinjaTrader 7\workspaces and delete the offending workspace. NT then opened (and stayed open) without any problems. I was then able to open the offending indicator, undo the change I had made in the indi, and then rebuild the workspace.

Thanks for your offer to assist.
      Ron

Comment

Patrick,

Have you ever heard of this happening before where an indi that compiles without any problems locks NT up when added to a chart?

This is the 3rd time I've had it happen. Did a complete uninstall and reinstall the first two times. This "delete the workspace" solution is a LOT easier and faster.

Ron

Comment

Hi RonKiker,

It sounds like a run-time error. (Such as attempting to access something that doesn't exist)

Do you have any errors in the Log tab of the Control Center?
          Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by gbourque, Today, 08:20 AM
          0 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post gbourque  
          Started by carnitron, 04-27-2024, 08:42 PM
          1 response
          0 likes