Collapse

Ib 906.8

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bert you said "R.T. for now the 906.8 is good to use" What about 12/15/2010. I have 906.8 with an FA account. Will there be some sort of disruption or lack of functionality after the 12/14/2010? This thread is kinda confusing.

Comment

Still a bit confused here also,

Just to clarify, you are saying do not worry about the IB message of 906.8 not being supported? Everything will still work fine for IB and NT7 after 12/15?

Thanks,
      R.T.

Comment

As I understand it, TWS should continue to work the same. However, it is not supported by IB, hence they will wash their hands of any problems that you discover.

I am going to use the old version of TWS until we can get a new version that works with NT. Others may not want to do that.

Best of luck to all whichever way you choose to go.

Comment

Welp thats not true, IB is refusing to allow me a connection now on 906.8

I can't find 906.9 anywhere... what am I suppose to do here to have NT7 running with IB?

Thanks,
          R.T.

Comment

TShirt: I am running NT 6.5, so not sure if there is an issue or not with NT 7. I have reposted the link from message #38 below. In it, Gregiii posted a link to TWS 906.9 which I am running with NT 6.5 just fine.

Hope this helps.
            Last edited by SteveR; 12-14-2010, 12:03 AM. Reason: Added a link

Comment

Hi Steve,

Thanks for the reply, I downloaded and ran that file but I get an error...

How did you set up the file?

Thanks for any help!
              R.T.

Comment

Okay , got it but did not work for me like the post said...

I had to delete the original jts.jar file, actually cut it and paste it into another non related folder to still have it, then copy and paste the 906.9 jts file into the jts folder and rename it from the jts906.9.jar to just jts.jar.

IB TWS connected as 906.9 through NT7

so this is all safe to trade on now?

Thanks,
                R.T.

Comment

Rightcoast,

Do what I said in my post, it will work.

Download the rapidshare 906.9 file and save it go into the jts folder on your pc under C://

cut the jts.jar file and paste it into another folder ( so you know where the file is but it does not interfere)

copy the new jts906.9.jar file you downloaded and paste it into the c:// jts folder

Rename the jts906.9.jar file to jts.jar

You will be running for now till they figure it out...

Comment

Originally posted by tshirtdeal View Post
                    Rightcoast,

Do what I said in my post, it will work.

Thanks tsdeal!

Comment

Guys, please see this sticky here for a wrap up of the current situation - http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/f...ad.php?t=36445

Sorry for any inconvenience.
                      BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Bertrand: Thx for the update. Hopefully, IB will fix the API before they knock us off of TWS Version 906.9.

What, if anything, can NT / IB users do to help?

Comment

Originally posted by SteveR View Post
                          Bertrand: Thx for the update. Hopefully, IB will fix the API before they knock us off of TWS Version 906.9.

What, if anything, can NT / IB users do to help?
                          You're welcome - unfortunately not much except stressing the importance of the fix / leaving support for 906.9 til fixed while in contact with IB support.
                          BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

NT - IB incompatibility fiasco- both passing the buck

This is what IB told me: NT has known for ever that IB changes their versions frequently. We (IB) do not archieve the older versions. It is the responsibility of customers (NT) to archieve the old versions. They are free to download every version as it comes out and keep it in their computers. It is obvious that NT has not bothered to do that and does not even admit that it is their responsibility to do that or keep up with the current version of IB.

Here is the problem I am having, if any one has any solutions i would appreciate:

This problem is with all versions of TWS after 906.9 (the one NT claimed that works fine with IB). Let me start all over again.

With any version of TWS after the 906.9, If i use IB as the data source for NT, the charts in NT are updated fine. I am using the advisor account in IB. There is one master account (or group account), under which two subaccounts exist. The data however is pulled from one subaccount only and not from the group account. If i use NT with the IB, I cannot display the "group account" in my TWS display window or in the TWS account window. TWS displays only the account from which NT is pulling data and no other. This is a problem. As a result of this problem, i am able to see the positions only in my one account, the one from which NT is pulling the data and it does not allow me to see the positions or account info in the other account. This is a big problem when trading futures.

This problem did not happen with 906.9. This problem does not happen if NT is rot connected to IB.

I may just have to stop using NT.

Any one has a solution, please let me know. IB has said a blatant NO.

Thanks.

Comment

609.9 is nonfunctional on IB as of today.

I see a few posts even questioning if 609.9 or earlier versions will continue to work. As of today, 12/14/10 the my 906.9 did not run the TWS today. I had to download a later version. I thought the problems I described with NT earlier were with the version 912 only but that is not true. I had to hunt around, get help from people in other forums and fond the versions 907 and 908 but they all have the same problem. As far as 906.9, that version won't even open the TWS as of this morning.

As I stated earlier, both NT and IB are passing the buck. Since TWS versions after 906.9 work fine by themselves without involving NT in the picture, IB has no responsibility to fix its compatibility with NT. NT on the other hand keeps blaming that the glitch is in IB software.

All I can say is that IB works fine by itself, but when I try to use NT with it, it doesn ot work right. So,it is NT that has a problem and NT should fix it.

Thanks for reading the rant.

Comment

For tshirtdeal?

Hello Tshirtdeal, I would appreciate if you can clarify the fix you suggested.

Let me give you my senario. Untill yesterday, With an advisor account at IB I was using 906.9 untill yesterday. Early this morning the TWS 906.9 would not run (IB does not support this version anymore was the message). So I wrote to NT and they told me through their forum that 907 or 908 will work. So I hunted around for those versions. From last month i already know that 911 or 912 do not work with NT correctly. So I downloaded the version 908. TWS runs fine on that but when i tried to connect NT to IB, it said the at "NT refused to accept the connection" (Not other way around). So i downloaded the 907.7. By itself it works fine under IB. I was able to connect NT to IB. But when connected to NT,the TWS did not function properly (problem explained in earlier post). So this where i am right now.

I have TWS 907.7 running on my PC.

Now about your fix:

Do you mean that with this fix, 906.9 will continue to run under IB (presently it does not and IB says we don't support it, and by don't support they don't mean they don't entertain questions about it, but it does not even run or open the TWS platform).

If i understand it correctly, that after your fix, 906.9 will open the TWS platform. Then, i would ppreciate further clarification on the procedure of the fix.

You say: download 906.9 and take the jts906.9.jar file from it. Now just downloading and saving the file does not give a folder. The downloaded 906.9 file typically called TWS40_install_906.exe or something like that. This is an .EXE file so cannot be opened untill you install it. Installing this means that the TWS 40 on the computer then will be the 906.9 version.

I did a file search, i found the jts.jar which is in the jts folder. But i did not find any file named jts906.9.jar or anything similar to that.

So, can you please clarify where i should look for this file.

Should i uninstall the 907.7 and go back to 906.9 (install it and not just download it).

Thanks for the help.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                                Started by memonic, Yesterday, 01:23 PM
                                2 responses
                                0 likes
                                Last Post memonic
                                by memonic

Started by merc410, Today, 03:41 AM
                                2 responses