|12-14-2010, 01:19 AM||#1|
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Bamberg, Germany
Thanked 6 times in 6 posts
IB TWS 906 no longer supported
[Update 2/14/2012]: Please update to TWS 921 along with NT7R9 to resolve.
As of today IB will discontinue support for TWS 906.8 (which was the NT recommended version so far). This caused some issues.
- TWS versions TWS 911 all the way up to latest downloadable (=available) TWS 917 have a bug which prevent FA accounts from working properly in TWS when NT or any external application is connected to TWS
- non FA accounts are not effected
- this is a TWS bug which is acknowledged by IB support. This is not an TWS API issue as the TWS API is unchanged since years and remains unchanged as IB updates their TWS. This is a bug of the TWS platform itself where you can't change the account selected in TWS' account selector.
- we had been in touch with IB support since the first announcement of the discontinued support as several priority mails have been sent yet to IB support
- IB support told us that any version up to TWS 908 would not exhibit that issue
- IB so far refused to make a link available to download a working TWS version
- unfortunately we can't fix TWS bugs. Thus the issue is completely beyond our control
- unfortunately we don't have access to prior TWS versions other than those on our web site
- there had been attempts made by customers to manually merge TWS installation to get something working. Although NT can not provide any support for non official TWS versions we provide you a link which may be of value to you:
http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/f...&highlight=TWS , around post #54
NT recommends using TWS 917. Please download that TWS version.
We keep you posted in case there is any progress on that matter.
NinjaTrader Customer Service
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|IB stops Support of TWS 906 on December 14th 2012||nt2010||Miscellaneous Support||16||04-18-2011 11:58 AM|
|Latest Release NJ 6.5.10000.19 and issue of TWS 906.8||millridge||Connecting||16||12-16-2010 05:21 AM|
|Latest version IB's TWS supported||IvanBart||Version 7 Beta General Questions & Bug Reports||5||07-06-2010 08:44 AM|
|nt7 supported TWS version||foxthorn||Version 7 Beta General Questions & Bug Reports||6||12-24-2009 01:08 AM|
|IB - Why is actual TWS 891 not supported in NT 6.5?||BillCh||Connecting||3||02-06-2009 11:05 AM|