Collapse

alternatives to kinetick?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alright this is starting to get weird. I just changed from 10tick down to 1tick while still using bid price and my horizontal lines for the current time went away. But if I scrolled back about 1/2hr they were there. Then I reconnected and noticed that the horizontal ticks came back. I believe that its just the way that historical market data is with kinetick. I've only barely glanced at it so I will need to test it more but that seems have resolved the issue. It still appears that it plots every single tick (1 tick/point) interval while on higher set tick charts though. This isn't an issue for me since I don't use higher setting tick charts but just throwing it out there.

On a quick side note, isn't it a little odd not having average as a setting? Last, bid, ask are all pretty normal settings and so is average. I'm somewhat surprised not to see that in the "Price Based On" option in the data settings.
    Last edited by Ac1d27; 10-19-2010, 11:13 AM.

Comment

Ac1d27,

1.) Could you provide images of the chart before and after you make the change?

2.) I will forward the suggestion on to my development team for further consideration.
      KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

As always thank you, you guys are always great at getting responses back promptly and truly try to help work issues out. Even if I'm somewhat of a pain to deal with. That being said, here is a before and after photo that you requested. The before photo has about 1/2hr of the correct plotting tick data with the chart set to bid. The after photo is of me disconnecting and then reconnecting. This shows that the historical data doesn't follow the chart settings rules of only plotting bid. But it doesn't take long for enough data to pass that it fills the chart out correctly. You will notice the current time stamps are equal on the far right side of the time scale. The red arrow in the before picture shows where I set the price to bid you can see before that point where horizontal ticks were still plotting.
        Attached Files

Comment

Unfortunately this is as expected - consuctive ticks at the same price can be displayed for historical bid data with Kinetick. I display consecutive ticks on the same price in my chart as well as per historical data. Only real-time bid data will not have consecutive ticks on the same price.
          JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Any way to filter the data so no horizontal line be displayed?

Comment

You can filter out data in the Historical Data Manager as per the link below.
              JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by Ac1d27 View Post
                Just signed up for Kinetick myself to make the comparison first hand. This is what I get with kinetick.........Nice real nice. The feed itself seems fast and accurate enough but seriously these sideways plotting ticks have to go.
                Unless I'm misunderstanding... you're complaining of getting all the data. It appears to me the other data feed is missing lots of ticks and you think that's a good thing? The "sideways plotting ticks" is because you are using a 1 tick chart. So, if a trade comes in at the same price, it must print sideways. That's what a 1 tick chart is. If you don't want sideways plotting ticks, then don't use a chart style that does that on purpose.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by fx.practic, 10-15-2013, 12:53 AM
                5 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post Bidder
                by Bidder

Started by Shai Samuel, 07-02-2022, 02:46 PM
                4 responses
                0 likes