Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Resetting Sim clears all strategies

Hi,

Whenever I go to Tools--> Options --> Simulator --> Reset...

Resetting the simulator will clear all strategies from the strategies tab, and there's no quick way to reload them (tough if you're running 3 strategies on 30 different instruments across 3 accounts).

Is there a way to fix this behavior?

Hello cgeorgan,

Thanks for your post.

This is as expected - when resetting the account, you're essentially deleting the account and re-adding it. This results in strategies running on that account being removed as well.

Upon resetting the account, you will need to reapply your strategies.
    KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Kyle View Post
      Hello cgeorgan,

Thanks for your post.

This is as expected - when resetting the account, you're essentially deleting the account and re-adding it. This results in strategies running on that account being removed as well.

Upon resetting the account, you will need to reapply your strategies.
      If it's expected, I'd say that's not great coding...if the account disappears, the only thing that should disappear on the "Strategy" side is the account (which can be left blank), prompting the user to "enter appropriate account" (or use default) when attempting to re-initialize a strategy.

My suggestion is that you keep power users in mind here, who will be running multiple strategies...not retail users, who might be running one strategy on the ES or a small basket of stocks.

Comment

Hello cgeorgan,

I will forward your comments on to my development team for further consideration.

Thanks for your feedback.
        KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by cgeorgan View Post
          If it's expected, I'd say that's not great coding...if the account disappears, the only thing that should disappear on the "Strategy" side is the account (which can be left blank), prompting the user to "enter appropriate account" (or use default) when attempting to re-initialize a strategy.

My suggestion is that you keep power users in mind here, who will be running multiple strategies...not retail users, who might be running one strategy on the ES or a small basket of stocks.
          Hi - see this thread too http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/f...ad.php?t=28994

Comment

This thread is a good read also.

Listen fellow traders. If you share this frustration, you have to write NT and let them know they need what Andreas wrote to be incorporated. They have no motivation to do so unless you voice your opinion. This is clearly an issue for most traders I would think, yet NT seems to feel it is not important. Anyway, I am done cheer leading. I would like to see some others grab the torch on this issue. Andreas has great code, but it's compiled, so you can't be certain what is in the code. I don't believe there is any reason to think he did anything malicious, rather it's a risk you have to take into consideration when using compiled third party add-ons, particularly when they are located outside of the United States and you would have no real recourse legally. If I trusted anyone, it would be Andreas I suppose. And I recommend his product. Rather the point is that it would be a lot cleaner to have under the NT umbrella, no?

Last edited by r2kTrader; 06-28-2010, 02:15 PM.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by Vietanhnguyen2hotmailcom, Yesterday, 10:29 AM
            4 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post Vietanhnguyen2hotmailcom  
            Started by PhillT, 04-19-2024, 02:16 PM
            4 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post PhillT