Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Josh View Post
    Andreas,

Not sure what you mean by the strategy being gone. The strategy should still show up on the Strategies tab even if it was stopped. To start it again just means pressing the Start check box.

You can save strategy templates. When you are loading up the strategy, right click -> Save in the strategy selection grid.

Thank you for your Market Analyzer suggestion. We will put it on our list of future considerations.
    Hi-

I'm not sure if this has been resolved but I get the same behavior as others under the same circumstances.

I too have been loading strategy after strategy (sometimes dropping them into charts, other times loading them separately into the "strategies" section), and everytime I shut down, those strategies are gone.

That means:
    -Gone from the charts they were in (despite a saved worksapce)
    -Gone from the Strategies tab (saved the workspace).

Each time I restart, I have to re-apply every single strategy. There has to be a faster way to do this; what are we doing wrong here?

Comment

Hello,

Is this something that occurs all the time or only some of the time?

Also please check what version of NinjaTrader you are running. This is located in the control center->Help->License key and is located to the right of the NinjaTrader logo since I am able to restart NinjaTrader and have the strategy that I started in a chart be maintained when I restarted NinjaTrader.

I look forward to assisting you further.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Brett View Post
        Hello,

Is this something that occurs all the time or only some of the time?

Also please check what version of NinjaTrader you are running. This is located in the control center->Help->License key and is located to the right of the NinjaTrader logo since I am able to restart NinjaTrader and have the strategy that I started in a chart be maintained when I restarted NinjaTrader.

I look forward to assisting you further.
        I was still using v6.5; I just downloaded 7 and I'm trying it out now -

Comment

Hello,

Gotcha, yes it has been made much easier to start strategies in NinjaTrader 7. Including the option to enable all strategies at once to holding down shift and then selecting all strategies by left clicking on the top strategy and then left clicking on the bottom strategy with shift held down and then right clicking and selecting enable to enable all strategies.

Let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Ray View Post
            There is no way to save multiple variations of strategy templates. The only thing you can do is save a "Default" set by right clicking in the property grid for a strategy. Your suggestion though is noted.
            Start trading with Exness, a leading platform offering low spreads, advanced tools & a wide range of assets. Open your account today!

Comment

200 EUR for this?

Comment

Cgeorgan,

I know that's cheap right? You would think 2,000.00 if you read all of what it does, right?

Comment

I'd like to chime in on this and say that having strategy templates would be a really great addition, I had hoped that 7 was actually going to cure the problem of having to constantly revisit the parameter settings but in it's current form it's about as useful as 6.5 was.

Where I find it the biggest pain is when one is back testing a script in strat analyser, I have about 45 parameters in my script, if I want to save a particular set up to rerun later, I have to save the back test and then open that test and retype the parameters all in again. Really cumbersome for something that should be a quick, save/load parameter template.

Just my 2 cents anyway.

Cheers
                  Ross

Comment

You can always read the params from excel file.
                    Thats what I do in NT6

Baruch

Comment

Originally posted by Baruch View Post
                      You can always read the params from excel file.
                      Thats what I do in NT6

Baruch
                      I think that everybody here can agree that we all have "coping" strategies.

I think the point should be that we stand here, working on a *beta*, and we're hearing from developers that "yes, we're reprogramming. Yes, this is a beta. Yes, we're taking suggestions. Thanks, but deal with it."

Comment

would you be so kind as to share a copy of a workspace macro that fills in the strategy window. am having some trouble getting my macro to open the chart strategy window. sure it is simply lack of knowledge in how workspace macro works. thx in advance

Comment

Andreas,

Not sure what you mean by the strategy being gone. The strategy should still show up on the Strategies tab even if it was stopped. To start it again just means pressing the Start check box.

You can save strategy templates. When you are loading up the strategy, right click -> Save in the strategy selection grid.

Thank you for your Market Analyzer suggestion. We will put it on our list of future considerations.
                          Last edited by lavivi; 10-14-2010, 01:01 AM.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                          Started by Mr Bread, Today, 12:01 PM
                          0 responses
                          0 likes
                          Last Post Mr Bread  
                          Started by sofortune, Today, 11:48 AM
                          0 responses
                          0 likes
                          Last Post sofortune