Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Strategy for ES

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Strategy for ES

Hey guys, I see NT staff has posted a lot of strategies in the Strategy CS file section:

Just wondering, if anyone had any recommendations on which one works the best with ES
    S &P mini futures, intraday timeframe?

Hello,

I would suggest looking at these strategies more as examples or templates to get started with than fully fleshed out trading strategies.

I'm not able to give advice as to which one to start with but I will leave this open for others to comment on as well.
    LanceNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by elitetradernyc View Post
      Hey guys, I see NT staff has posted a lot of strategies in the Strategy CS file section:

Just wondering, if anyone had any recommendations on which one works the best with ES
      S &P mini futures, intraday timeframe?
      If I may offer a point of view. As someone who writes code, I understand your question, even though as a consultant I would not give you an answer to it. As a consultant/trader, I would say that you have asked the wrong question.

The correct first question to ask is: 'What is your risk tolerance, and for how long a streak?" Once you answer that question, then you find a strategy that handles your psychological makeup, as determined by your risk profile.

If the trading style does not match your psychology, success is unlikely, if not impossible. That is why 2 different traders can be trading what looks like the same system, and one can be making losses while the other is making profits. Yes, that applies even to automated systems that can be aborted, as pretty much all NT strategies can.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by ChartTourist, Yesterday, 08:22 AM
      2 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post ChartTourist  
      Started by RideMe, 04-07-2024, 04:54 PM
      7 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post NinjaTrader_BrandonH