Collapse

AscTrend ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FYI, I just posted a conversion of these in a new thread.

If you have other MT4 indicators/experts that might be worth porting, post them and I will take a look, they are very easy to convert.

Originally posted by Elliott Wave View Post
    No updates but I did find some indicators based on the Brain Trading system which seems really similar to AscTrend.

I'll post them as well in case someone is up to a conversion.

Comment

eASCTrend MT4 files

Hello sefstrat,

If you have other MT4 indicators/experts that might be worth porting, post them and I will take a look, they are very easy to convert.
      Thanks for the conversions of Labtrend - I'll check them out. When you have an opportunity to look at these in the ASCTrend.zip from Elliott Wave's post #21, would you please port over the other missing files?

Thanks for your help.
      kz
      Last edited by zeller4; 02-18-2009, 07:43 AM.

Comment

Hi r2kTrader, that's we always suggest to use new scripts in simulation mode until you are confident you understand all its functionality and nuances.

You can go into 'Global Simulation Mode' by checking it in the File menu.

Thanks!
        BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Danny,

You have done a commendable effort in converting the easctrend indicators to NT. However I would like to point a few things.

The latest software from Ablesys is Abletrend 7.09. It uses the same two indicators ( T1 and T2) for plotting signals. But the settings for these two indicators are such that it works for all kinds of instruments like stocks, futures, forex. The company advises not to change this settings because they are universal and work for all instruments.

The settings for these are as under:

1. Abletrend 1 --- Risk = 8 ; Ascmode = 2
          2. Abletrend 2 --- Risk = 3 ; Moneyrisk = 2

It will be great if we can have these indicators programmed for NT. I have checked the accuracy of these signals and its just great.

Right now I am on a 30day trial of Abletrend software. I send you the files u require.

Wouldnt it be great if we can have such a universal system on NT ?
          Attached Files
          Last edited by yroyal; 03-01-2009, 03:10 AM.

Comment

I agree the ASCTrend system appears to be quite good, even as currently available to NT. I've tried the BrainTrend indicators sefsrat was so gracious to convert, and think ASCTrend is better for my purposes.

From what I've seen on Metatrader though, I believe LabTrend which is a modified version of the same concept (created by Igorad, and available in the Forex-TSD elite section) might be the best of the bunch.

Comment

Originally posted by yroyal View Post
              Hi Danny,

You have done a commendable effort in converting the easctrend indicators to NT. However I would like to point a few things.

The latest software from Ablesys is Abletrend 7.09. It uses the same two indicators ( T1 and T2) for plotting signals. But the settings for these two indicators are such that it works for all kinds of instruments like stocks, futures, forex. The company advises not to change this settings because they are universal and work for all instruments.

The settings for these are as under:

1. Abletrend 1 --- Risk = 8 ; Ascmode = 2
              2. Abletrend 2 --- Risk = 3 ; Moneyrisk = 2

It will be great if we can have these indicators programmed for NT. I have checked the accuracy of these signals and its just great.

Right now I am on a 30day trial of Abletrend software. I send you the files u require.

Wouldnt it be great if we can have such a universal system on NT ?
              Hi yroyal

Nice to see here in posting on the forum.

Hope to get this system made in NT.

Regards

Vinkal Rathee

Comment

Here is the MetaTrader version of LabTrend in case somebody wants to convert it.

Its really similar to ASCTrend, but appears to give earlier signals.

Discussion topics about algorithmic trading - development of automated trading systems and trading robots
                Attached Files

Comment

I tried copying eASCTrend2.cs directly in to Ninja custom/indicator directory but don't see that appears in the indicator list.
                  Is their any special way of doing it or copying should work.

Thanks

Comment

did you restart NT?

also, I think you may have to open up any indicator from within NT and press F5 to compile all indicators.
                    mrlogik
                    NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - Purelogik Trading

Comment

Thanks for your prompt reply.
                      I did restarted the Ninja but didn't helped.
                      How to open an indicator within Ninja and re-compile all.
                      I am not familiar with that option.

Many Thanks

Comment

Elliot Wave, Can you post some chart scans of Labtrend in action ? I was not able to register on forex-tsd. thnx....

Comment

I just found that refresh and got that indicator compiled too.
                          Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by yroyal View Post
                            Elliot Wave, Can you post some chart scans of Labtrend in action ? I was not able to register on forex-tsd. thnx....
                            Here is one I took and another from the thread on Forex-TSD that compares the commercial version of ASCTrend with LabTrend.
                            Attached Files

Comment

Elliot Wave, Asctrend is still better I suppose.. the T2 indicator of asctrend is very powerful and an independent indicator that shows the dominant trend apart from providing trailing stops.

Many times in an uptrend even though the price crosses and closes much below the T2 indicator, it will not change direction. And eventually we see prices again go above it. It has a very powerful algorithm. I have tested it over hundreds of instruments.

If someone is able to convert these indicators to NT, it will be a boon for NT users.. Right now I can hand over the program files of Abletrend if someone is interested in conversion.

Comment

ASCtrend

Originally posted by Elliott Wave View Post
                                Here is one I took and another from the thread on Forex-TSD that compares the commercial version of ASCTrend with LabTrend.
                                Hi Elliot Wave,
                                I am trying to use the ASCtrend indicator. However, I am not sure which one to use. Could you please email me or attach the zip file for the indicator. Also if you could tell me what the best parameters are to use for trading the Eminis. Please let me know what the colors or dots, if any,are for?

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                                Started by futtrader, 04-21-2024, 01:50 AM
                                4 responses
                                0 likes
                                Last Post futtrader  
                                Started by Option Whisperer, Today, 09:55 AM
                                1 response
                                0 likes
                                Last Post bltdavid