Through automation you can:
NinjaTrader provides four methods for communicating from an external application to NinjaTrader for trade automation. The Email Interface requires absolutely no programming experience whatsoever, other methods require various level of programming/scripting experience.
TradeStation Email Interface
The TradeStation Email Interface allows you to take advantage of TradeStation's email notification capabilities right out of the box. Run your TradeStation strategy in real time, order signals are emailed within your computer (never leaves your PC) to NinjaTrader which processes the order through to your broker.
The file interface uses standard text files as input. These files are called order instruction files (OIF) and have specific format requirements. NinjaTrader processes the OIF the instant the file is written to the hard drive and subsequently deletes the file once the processing operation is complete.
NinjaTrader provides a DLL named NtDirect.dll that supports various functions for automated trading.
NinjaTrader provides a Client Class with methods to support various functions for automated trading.
NinjaTrader provides a COM interface that supports various functions for automated trading.
So which method should I use?
- If you are not running your own strategies or you have limited or no programming experience you should use the Email Interface
- You are running your own system and you are comfortable with Easy Language and want to have bi-directional control of your real-time order processing you should use the pre-configured TradeStation NinjaTrader functions that use the DLL interface.
- You should use the pre-configured eSignal NinjaTrader functions that use the DLL interface
Other Charting Applications
- You should use either the DLL, .NET or COM interface if your charting application supports these interface types or use the File Interface
- You should use either the DLL, .NET or COM interface