You can offset the value of most items available in the Condition Builder. An offset is a value that is added or subtracted from the actual item's value. When an item is selected such as an indicator or price data, the "Offset type" and "Offset" parameters become visible in the window directly below the item selected. You can see this in the highlighted portion of the image below.
Offset type can be set to:
Percent - Adds or subtracts a percentage value of the item's value. A value of 1 is equal to 100% where a value of 0.1 is equal to 10%.
Price - Adds or subtracts an absolute value
Ticks - Adds or subtracts the number of ticks (0.01 for stocks and the ticksize for futures or currencies) from the item's value
Once the "Offset type" is selected you must set the value "Offset". In addition to the example below, you can see the "Checking for Volume Expansion" for another example that uses the Percent "Offset type". The following is an example and represents one of many possible combinations.
1. Expand the "Price data" category and select the "Close"
2. Select the ">" (greater than) relational operator
3. Expand the "Price data" category and select the "High"
4. Set the "Bars ago" parameter to a value of "1"
5. Set the "Offset type" parameter to "Ticks"
6. Set the "Offset" parameter to a value of "1"
Once the "OK" button is pressed, a condition is created that would translate to the following:
"Current closing price is greater than the high price of 1 bar ago + 1 tick"