Collapse

tabbed user interface for charts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've had maybe two-dozen people or so request my TabMaster application. I used to send it out as attachments to people as they request it. But, I've gotten tired of that, so, I now post it to my personal website, at this location:

Note that it is is free. I've had requests to save workspaces. Its something that I might do at some point. I just haven't thought of a good way to do so. I kinda figured that NT7 would have tabs built in. So, I didn't think that TabMaster would continue to be used for much longer. But, I don't see that on the list of enhancements. So, maybe my TabMaster will still continue to be of value in the future. And if so, maybe I might work on more enhancements along those lines.

Even so, I find it very useful in its current state. And, so do some of my other users. And, yeah, its free.

Comment

Thanks for this! It is a great organizer and efficient screen-real-estate saver (and we all know there just is never enough screen space no matter how many monitors you have)

Comment

Does anyone have a link to TabMaster? The author's site is dead and google turns up nothing. Thanks.

Comment

The site isn't dead, but, I had a buddy redo it's look 'n feel, and all the page links broke as a consequence. The new page is:

Comment

Thanks, Speedie.

Comment

I only use 32 bit NT, even on 64-bit Windows. So, I did not know until now that there is a problem. TabMaster works okay on Windows 7 64 bit, but only with 32-bit NT.

The issue is, TabMaster is a 32 bit application. Windows doesn't seem to let my 32-bit app control the 64-bit version of NinjaTrader. My app is written in Delphi, which is still 32-bit only. 64-bit Delphi probably is still another year away. Perhaps there is a work-around. I'll try to find out.

Comment

Can someone from NT please respond to this post? Major thanks to Speedie6 for working this app! I would love to use it but I use NT on Win7, 64bit. I also strongly endorse adding this to NT natively. This would help NT from a GUI perspective enormously. When using the PC that I host NT on remotely, it is really inconvenient to have the window access at the bottom bar of windows.

Comment

tradetree, we could unfortunately not respond / support the use of the custom application discussed, however adding this feature to NinjaTrader is on feedback list under # 988.

Thanks all for the input,
                  BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Michael View Post
                    Hi,

Thank you for your suggestion, I will forward this to our development team for future considerations.

This was requested almost 3 years ago! Maybe in 4 years it will be completed

Here is a workaround for other disappointed ninja users:

Contribute to mauricef/WindowTabs development by creating an account on GitHub.

Comment

Originally posted by evancds View Post
                      This was requested almost 3 years ago! Maybe in 4 years it will be completed

Here is a workaround for other disappointed ninja users:

http://www.windowtabs.com/
                      Thank you Evan. Pretty useful tool if it worked as it should. Unfortunately, similar as with Tab-Master, the charts gets inaccessible when working with more than one group. With WindowTabs when having for example three charts together maximized and then selecting the charts back and forth it will freze. It might not happen at once, but if one chooses another program and then go back to the chart tabs it will lock eventually. At least this is what happens with Windows 7 64bit.

Anyhow I think this is such a good tool that I have reported it. I have also done a feature request to show tabs when having groups side by side.

Laurus
                      Last edited by laurus12; 08-20-2011, 03:13 PM.

Comment

What's up Laurus,

You're right the program seemed awesome at first, but there are bugs. The worst for me being the freezing, and setting up my charts every time ninja reloads. It does have potential though until Ninja Trader implements a solution. See on Big Mikes

Comment

Originally posted by evancds View Post
                          What's up Laurus,..... See on Big Mikes
                          Nothing much right now And we we'll surely do

I would say hopefully it will not be too long with NT's own solution. But I have asked a couple of weeks ago, and they have not set any milestone for it.

Laurus

Comment

tabmaster

ive download this file to add it to NT but can find it since the name isnt apparent?
                            anyone know .
                            tks

Comment

Originally posted by laredo78676 View Post
                              ive download this file to add it to NT but can find it since the name isnt apparent?
                              anyone know .
                              tks
                              Hello Laredo,

Tabmaster is a separate program. You start it as any other and then you choose which NT charts you would like to have in a tab window.

Laurus

Comment

where does the data come from if not NT?

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                                Started by bortz, 11-06-2023, 08:04 AM
                                47 responses
                                0 likes
                                Last Post aligator  
                                Started by jaybedreamin, Today, 05:56 PM
                                0 responses
                                0 likes
                                Last Post jaybedreamin