Go Back   NinjaTrader Support Forum > Application Technical Support > Market Analyzer

Market Analyzer Support for the NinjaTrader Market Analyzer.

Old 04-13-2008, 06:02 PM   #1
KBJ

Default Market Analyzer Description Column

See the attachment for a copy of the (admittedly very simple) source code to implement this new column definition, which will give you a description of each instrument displayed in the Market Analyzer so you don't have to remember the ticker symbols.

The attached screen displays the difference in what you see if you select "Description" in the market analyzer, and it also displays where the attached C# source code file gets placed to make this work, which is in the \bin\Custom\MarketAnalyzer\ folder. After copying the source file to that folder, then you must have NinjaTrader compile some (any) indicator or strategy and this new column definition for the Market Analyzer will also get compiled as a "side-effect".

After that, it should work as shown.

KBJ

(This was also posted as a response to an earlier suggestion I had made under "Suggestions and Feedback". Please forgive the double posting.)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Capture.JPG (96.3 KB, 135 views)
Attached Files
File Type: cs DescriptionColumn.cs (1.1 KB, 47 views)
Last edited by KBJ; 03-12-2009 at 09:23 PM. Reason: Updated source attachment to handle "Total" row use in Market Analyzer.
Old 04-13-2008, 09:37 PM   #2
NinjaTrader_Jessica
NinjaTrader Customer Service

Thank you for your post.
Old 03-11-2009, 11:26 AM   #3
paulo33

Default Instrument description

Hello
I did what you told but when i go to Market analyzer columns i dont have instrument description and if i go to My doc\bincustom market analyzer i have it.
Tks in advdance

Paulo
Old 03-11-2009, 11:43 AM   #4
NinjaTrader_Bertrand

Thanked 1,646 times in 1,608 posts

Hi Paulo, welcome to our forums! After the copying in of the file, please open any NinjaScript indicator (Tools > Edit NinjaScript > Indicator > Open anyone) and hit F5 to compile all your studies! After this the 'Description' column should appear in your Market Analyzer! Thanks!
Old 03-12-2009, 02:37 AM   #5
paulo33

Hello Bertrand
Thanks for your help, i did as you said but when hiting f5 i have this:" error on generating indicator, code cs0101 line 15 column 15
Fle: market analyizer\description column.cs.
What is wrong?

Paulo Carmo
Old 03-12-2009, 06:17 AM   #6
NinjaTrader_Bertrand

Hi Paulo, not sure, I just tested this on my end and it works well. Please go to MyDocuments\NinjaTrader 6.5\bin\Custom\MarketAnalyzer and delete the DesciptionColumn.cs file.

After this recompile your files - there should be no errors coming up now, correct?

If this is the case, please recopy it from the forum to this folder and compile again all files by hitting F5 in any file.

If you see other programming errors, you would need to resolve those first, here are some helpful tips - http://www.ninjatrader-support2.com/...ead.php?t=4678
Old 03-12-2009, 08:02 AM   #7
paulo33

Thanks BertrandIts working well now.

Paulo Carmo
Old 03-12-2009, 09:25 PM   #8
KBJ

Default New, Updated Source for Instrument Description Column

For anyone who is using this Market Analyzer add-on, I've just updated the source (see posting #1 in this thread) so that it now handles the "Total" row that can be enabled in the properties screen of the Market Analyzer.
Old 03-13-2009, 06:42 AM   #9
NinjaTrader_Bertrand

Thanks for the update KBJ, great it's working well Paulo!
Old 07-20-2009, 12:50 PM   #10
jstockman

Default Mutual Funds

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBJ View Post
For anyone who is using this Market Analyzer add-on, I've just updated the source (see posting #1 in this thread) so that it now handles the "Total" row that can be enabled in the properties screen of the Market Analyzer.
KBJ

I did as suggested. Does it support mutual funds?

Thx.

jstockman
Old 07-20-2009, 04:22 PM   #11
KBJ

Sorry, I've never done anything with mutual funds, so I cannot tell you, but my guess is that it should work OK if you can get the mutual funds to display with NinjaTrader.