|04-10-2008, 09:02 AM||#1|
Join Date: Apr 2008
Thanked 0 times in 0 posts
Sample ATM strategy resets on position close
I'm working with the sample ATM strategy, because I want to develop a strategy with automated entries, then manage the position myself.
If I have a DOM open and start the sample strategy, it will enter a position, and I can adjust target & stops from the DOM.
However, if I close my position from the DOM, the sample ATM strategy will terminate.
So my questions are:
1) Shouldn't I be able to close the ATM position from the DOM and the strategy keeps running?
2) What do I need to do to see the ATM executions on the chart? (The DOM shows my position, but nothing is on the chart)
3) If the strategy stops in the control panel and I click the 'start' button, it tells that I can't stop a terminated strategy. So, what purpose does the start button serve?
|04-10-2008, 09:08 AM||#2|
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Denver, CO, USA
Thanked 46 times in 32 posts
1) Read the following - http://www.ninjatrader-support.com/H...trategies.html
2) They will show up on a chart that does not have a NinjaScript strategy and if plot execution is enabled under Chart Properties
3) When you create a strategy in that tab, you can then wait to press Start.
NinjaTrader Customer Service
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Strategy order with name "Close Position"||ThePatientOne||Strategy Development||30||09-03-2010 12:16 PM|
|Forcing a position to close||Edgar V.||General Programming||1||04-02-2008 04:42 PM|
|How does Ninja Close a Position.||richa61416||Strategy Analyzer||3||10-28-2007 10:26 PM|
|Converting the Sample ATM Strategy||daven||Automated Trading||9||09-21-2007 09:04 AM|
|Open position on close down||andrewedmondson||ATM Strategies (Discretionary Trading)||3||10-05-2005 07:02 AM|