Go Back   NinjaTrader Support Forum > Suggestions and Feedback > Suggestions And Feedback

Suggestions And Feedback New feature suggestions and feedback.

Old 01-12-2010, 05:44 PM   #16
edgeliner

Austin...... Could you lay out how to do this for me.........

Return Type
double; Accessing these methods via an index value [int barsAgo] returns the indicator value of the referenced bar. A value of 0 (zero) indicates that a pattern was not found, a value of 1 (one) indicates that a pattern was found.
Old 01-12-2010, 05:44 PM   #17
NinjaTrader_Austin
NinjaTrader Customer Service

Quote:
Originally Posted by edgeliner View Post
Is there a way to set 0=false and 1=true? ......perhaps in the variables section?
edgeliner, that is how this indicator is supposed to work. That is what I'm looking into.

6.5.1000.14 is the latest release of NinjaTrader 6.5. We also have a beta version of NinjaTrader 7, but that is only available to certain beta testers.
Old 01-12-2010, 05:49 PM   #18
edgeliner

10-4 Austin.....let me know what you find out.......thanks!
Old 01-12-2010, 06:17 PM   #19
NinjaTrader_Austin
NinjaTrader Customer Service

Hi there, I just whipped up a script to test the Evening Star pattern and it successfully identified the patterns. Please see the attached screenshot and indicator.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg evening star test.jpg (28.5 KB, 295 views)
Attached Files
File Type: zip EveningStarTest.zip (12.2 KB, 132 views)
Old 04-14-2013, 09:11 AM   #20
JMont1

Send a message via AIM to JMont1

Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjaTrader_Austin View Post
Hi there, I just whipped up a script to test the Evening Star pattern and it successfully identified the patterns. Please see the attached screenshot and indicator.
Not sure if I am understanding why this and the CandleStickPattern indicator seem to identify a pattern that does not adhere to the middle bar needing a gap. Perhaps this is an incorrect definition of the pattern but it seems right.

Evening Star: A bearish reversal pattern that continues an uptrend with a long white body day followed by a gapped up small body day, then a down close with the close below the midpoint of the first day.
http://stockcharts.com/school/doku.p...n_#eveningstar

The CandleStickPattern and this test indicator both seem to ignore the "gap" piece of the pattern. The Morning Star Pattern seem to use this since I have never seen one appear yet. I wonder if someone could review the two and determine if there is an error in one of them.

I actually like the current Evening Star pattern being recognized and actually started looking at this due to the lack of morning stars. If soemone could set it up so the Evening Star is corrected and then use the non-gap version as an indicator but perhaps with a new name. Evening Non-gap Top and a morning star version?