Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CQG/Contiuum server side OCO's

In respect of OCO orders being server side:

I place a Buy Limit at 1800.00 with attached OCO orders being a profit target (say 1802.00) and a stop loss (say 1798.00).

My action of placing the Buy Limit (entry order) creates a Limit Order at the exchange.

But before my Buy Limit is filled I loose internet connection.

While I have no internet connection my Buy Limit entry order (1800.00) gets filled.

Do my attached OCO orders (profit and stop orders) get placed at the exchange? Or is it that because I lost internet connection before my entry order was filled the OCO profit and stop orders will not be 'server side' and therefore I have an open and exposed long position?

I do understand that server side OCO does protect me (as best as possible) if my entry Buy order was filled BEFORE I lost internet connection. But it is the scenario of a lost connection before the entry order is filled that I need to understand.

This is important for me as I live half way round the world.

Thanks

Hello,

Thank you for your post.

Stop Loss and Profit Target orders are sent from NinjaTrader the moment the software recieves confirmation of the entry order's execution. Due to this, the software would need to be running and connected to the brokerage account in order to place these protective orders. Once the orders have been placed, they will reside on broker servers however.

Please let me know if any other questions which I could assist with come to mind.
    KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by bortz, 11-06-2023, 08:04 AM
    47 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post aligator  
    Started by jaybedreamin, Today, 05:56 PM
    0 responses
    0 likes