Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Download missing historical data on reconnection

Hi support,

If I put my computer to sleep with NT connected to a provider (Rithmic) and then wake it up the next day, the connection is restored but the NT does not download the missing historical data even if I choose to reload market data from the charts context menu. What I have to do is manually disconnect and reconnect then the data syncs up automatically. Why is that?

Thanks,
    Tim

Hello Tim,

Thank you for your post.

NinjaTrader is not designed to work in hibernate or sleep mode on your PC. If you use sleep or hibernate you will need to restart NinjaTrader or reconnect as you have in this case.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_PatrickH View Post
      Hello Tim,

Thank you for your post.

NinjaTrader is not designed to work in hibernate or sleep mode on your PC. If you use sleep or hibernate you will need to restart NinjaTrader or reconnect as you have in this case.
      This would be the same case if the internet connection went down for some time and then came back up. Wouldn't it make sense for NT to sync up the data then if I have a live strategy running?

Comment

Hello Tim,

Thank you for your response.

A connection loss would be handled completely different from a process stalling item like hibernate or sleep. NinjaTrader is not designed for hibernate or sleep.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_PatrickH View Post
          Hello Tim,

Thank you for your response.

A connection loss would be handled completely different from a process stalling item like hibernate or sleep. NinjaTrader is not designed for hibernate or sleep.
          If I just unplug my router for a few mins and plug it back in NT does not download the missing market data even if select reload all historical data from the chart context menu. It does if I disconnect/reconnect.

Comment

Hello Tim,

Thank you for that clarification.

That would not be expected. Please send me your log and trace files for today so that I may look into what occurred. You can do this by going to the Control Center-> Help-> Mail to Support.

Please please 'ATTN: Patrick - 1010939' in the subject line and reference this thread in the body of the email: http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/f...ad.php?t=63748

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by DJ888, 04-16-2024, 06:09 PM
            6 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post DJ888
            by DJ888

Started by Jon17, Today, 04:33 PM
            0 responses
            1 view