Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Dynamic Stops

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dynamic Stops

Based on what I have read in numerous threads I compiled this,

Code:
    [INDENT] /// <summary>
            /// This method is used to configure the strategy and is called once before any strategy method is called.
            /// </summary>
            protected override void Initialize()
            {

SetStopLoss("", CalculationMode.Ticks, Stop, false);
                SetProfitTarget("",CalculationMode.Ticks, finalTarget);
                TraceOrders = true;
                CalculateOnBarClose = false;
                EntriesPerDirection = 1;
            }

/// <summary>
            /// Called on each bar update event (incoming tick)
            /// </summary>
            protected override void OnBarUpdate()
            {
                   // Resets the stop loss to the original value when all positions are closed
                if (Position.MarketPosition == MarketPosition.Flat)
                {
                    SetStopLoss(CalculationMode.Ticks, stop);
                }

// If a long position is open, allow for stop loss modification
                else if (Position.MarketPosition == MarketPosition.Long)
                {
                    // BREAKEVEN Once the price is greater than entry pric + breakEvenStop set stop loss to breakeven
                    if (Close[0] >= Position.AvgPrice + breakEvenStop * TickSize)
                    {
                        SetStopLoss(CalculationMode.Price, Position.AvgPrice);
                    }

// 1stTarget Once the price is greater than entry price + firstTarget, set stop loss to 1 times above B E
                    if (Close[0] >= Position.AvgPrice + firstTarget * TickSize)
                    {
                        SetStopLoss(CalculationMode.Price, (Position.AvgPrice + profitStop * TickSize));
                    }

// 2ndTarget Once the price is greater than entry price + secondTarget, set stop loss to 2 times above B E
                    if (Close[0] >= Position.AvgPrice + secondTarget * TickSize)
                    {
                        SetStopLoss(CalculationMode.Price, (Position.AvgPrice + profitStop * 2 * TickSize));
                    }

// 3rdTarget Once the price is greater than entry price + thirdTarget, set stop loss to 3 times above B E
                    if (Close[0] >= Position.AvgPrice + thirdTarget * TickSize)
                    {
                        SetStopLoss(CalculationMode.Price, (Position.AvgPrice + profitStop * 3 * TickSize));
                    }

}

// If a short position is open, allow for stop loss modification
                else if (Position.MarketPosition == MarketPosition.Short)
                {
                    // BreakEven Once the price is less than entry price - breakEvenStop set stop loss to breakeven
                    if (Close[0] <= Position.AvgPrice - breakEvenStop * TickSize)
                    {
                    }

// 1stTarget Once the price is less than entry price - firstTarget, set stop loss to 1 times above B E
                    if (Close[0] <= Position.AvgPrice - firstTarget * TickSize)
                    {
                        SetStopLoss(CalculationMode.Price, (Position.AvgPrice - profitStop * TickSize));
                    }

// 2ndTarget Once the price is less than entry price - secondTarget, set stop loss to 2 times above B E
                    if (Close[0] <= Position.AvgPrice - secondTarget * TickSize)
                    {
                        SetStopLoss(CalculationMode.Price, (Position.AvgPrice - profitStop * 2 * TickSize));
                    }

// 3rdTarget Once the price is less than entry price - thirdTarget, set stop loss to 3 times above B E
                    if (Close[0] <= Position.AvgPrice - thirdTarget * TickSize)
                    {
                        SetStopLoss(CalculationMode.Price, (Position.AvgPrice - profitStop * 3 * TickSize));
                    }

}
    [/INDENT]
    Breakeven is always initiated and sometimes the higher targets are initiated, but it is inconsistent on what one and infrequent. I have tested certain parts by themselves and I still got some funky results. Before I spend days scratching my head am I pushing SetStopLoss to far and do I need to go the ExitShort script with Boolean and control stuff???

EDIT: The latter was demonstrated back testing and market replay.
    Last edited by Hammerhorn; 05-07-2013, 02:00 AM.

Hi Hammerhorn,

Thank you for posting.

From your code you could be running into the issue where your conditions are being met at the same time and therefore causing the higher targets to be used.

This code snippet is a quick solution to what you are want to achieve. This will test the closes against the Avg.Price and the other targets so that they don't called at the same time. You will need to apply this snippet to both the long and short sections of your code.

Code:
     if (Close[0] >= Position.AvgPrice + breakEvenStop * TickSize && Close[0] < Position.AvgPrice + firstTarget * TickSize )
                    {
                    }

// 1stTarget Once the price is greater than entry price + firstTarget, set stop loss to 1 times above B E
                    if (Close[0] >= Position.AvgPrice + firstTarget * TickSize && Close[0] < Position.AvgPrice + secondTarget * TickSize )
                    {
                        SetStopLoss(CalculationMode.Price, (Position.AvgPrice + profitStop * TickSize));
                    }

Please let me know if I can be of further assistance.
    Cal H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by Hammerhorn View Post
      Based on what I have read in numerous threads I compiled this,

Code:
      [INDENT]/// <summary>
              /// This method is used to configure the strategy and is called once before any strategy method is called.
              /// </summary>
              {

TraceOrders = true;
                  EntriesPerDirection = 1;
              }

/// <summary>
              /// </summary>
              {
                  {
                  }

{
                      // BREAKEVEN Once the price is greater than entry pric + breakEvenStop set stop loss to breakeven
                      if (Close[0] >= Position.AvgPrice + breakEvenStop * TickSize)
                      {
                      }

if (Close[0] >= Position.AvgPrice + firstTarget * TickSize)
                      {
                      }

// 2ndTarget Once the price is greater than entry price + secondTarget, set stop loss to 2 times above B E
                      if (Close[0] >= Position.AvgPrice + secondTarget * TickSize)
                      {
                          SetStopLoss(CalculationMode.Price, (Position.AvgPrice + profitStop * 2 * TickSize));
                      }

// 3rdTarget Once the price is greater than entry price + thirdTarget, set stop loss to 3 times above B E
                      if (Close[0] >= Position.AvgPrice + thirdTarget * TickSize)
                      {
                          SetStopLoss(CalculationMode.Price, (Position.AvgPrice + profitStop * 3 * TickSize));
                      }

}

{
                      // BreakEven Once the price is less than entry price - breakEvenStop set stop loss to breakeven
                      {
                      }

// 1stTarget Once the price is less than entry price - firstTarget, set stop loss to 1 times above B E
                      {
                          SetStopLoss(CalculationMode.Price, (Position.AvgPrice - profitStop * TickSize));
                      }

// 2ndTarget Once the price is less than entry price - secondTarget, set stop loss to 2 times above B E
                      if (Close[0] <= Position.AvgPrice - secondTarget * TickSize)
                      {
                          SetStopLoss(CalculationMode.Price, (Position.AvgPrice - profitStop * 2 * TickSize));
                      }

// 3rdTarget Once the price is less than entry price - thirdTarget, set stop loss to 3 times above B E
                      if (Close[0] <= Position.AvgPrice - thirdTarget * TickSize)
                      {
                          SetStopLoss(CalculationMode.Price, (Position.AvgPrice - profitStop * 3 * TickSize));
                      }

}
      [/INDENT]
      Breakeven is always initiated and sometimes the higher targets are initiated, but it is inconsistent on what one and infrequent. I have tested certain parts by themselves and I still got some funky results. Before I spend days scratching my head am I pushing SetStopLoss to far and do I need to go the ExitShort script with Boolean and control stuff???

EDIT: The latter was demonstrated back testing and market replay.
      Looks correct. How is your code misbehaving?

Comment

Looks correct. How is your code misbehaving?
        Always reassuring to have be told that the code looks correct, thank you. Working fine now thanks to Cal.

Cal, why does your solution work for all targets, not just the ones referenced? Can you put your snippet into newbie English?

Comment

Hi Hammerhorn,

I sure can!

The original code -
          Code:
                          {
                          }

{
                          }
          This will only test if the Close[0] is less than equal to the other side of the condition.
          However, in this case, if the second condition is true then so is the first condition, since the close is still less than the points you are testing against.

The snippet I gave you is designed to test only between the targets and not just the general area.

Example:
          Code:
           if (Close[0] >= Position.AvgPrice + firstTarget * TickSize && Close[0] < Position.AvgPrice + secondTarget * TickSize )
                          {
                          }
          This condition tests if the Close[0] is greater than or equal to the AvgPrice - first target AND less than the AvgPrice + second target. Meaning only equal to the first target to the point less than the second target

Please let me know if I can be of further assistance.
          Cal H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I was going to bet that your original snippet was only going to work between each target, but in back testing it seems to work across the board. I was baffled so that is why I asked for the English. Will be testing market replay when I get a chance. Thank you again.

Comment

Not working and I don't know why, but I swore it worked when I first back tested it. Could not get it to work during market replay and can't get it to work during back test. Hanging on first one still. If I remove the "Breakeven" line, it will fire on the "firstTarget." See the attached back test image and my long code below.

Code:
                          TraceOrders = true;
                          EntriesPerDirection = 1;
                      }

/// <summary>
                      /// </summary>
                      {
                          {
                          }

{                                
              //                if (Close[0] >= Position.AvgPrice + breakEvenStop * TickSize)
              //                {
              //                    SetStopLoss(CalculationMode.Price, Position.AvgPrice);
              //                
                              if (Close[0] >= Position.AvgPrice + breakEvenStop * TickSize && Close[0] < Position.AvgPrice + firstTarget * TickSize )
                              {
                              }

//                if (Close[0] >= Position.AvgPrice + firstTarget * TickSize)
              //                {
              //                    SetStopLoss(CalculationMode.Price, (Position.AvgPrice + profitStop * TickSize));
              //                }

{
                              }

//                if (Close[0] >= Position.AvgPrice + secondTarget * TickSize)
              //                {
              //                    SetStopLoss(CalculationMode.Price, (Position.AvgPrice + profitStop * 2 * TickSize));
              //                }

if (Close[0] >= Position.AvgPrice + secondTarget * TickSize && Close[0] < Position.AvgPrice + thirdTarget * TickSize )
                              {
                              }

//                if (Close[0] >= Position.AvgPrice + thirdTarget * TickSize)
              //                {
              //                    SetStopLoss(CalculationMode.Price, (Position.AvgPrice + profitStop * 3 * TickSize));
              //                }

if (Close[0] >= Position.AvgPrice + fourthTarget * TickSize && Close[0] < Position.AvgPrice + fourthTarget * TickSize )
                              {
                              }

//                // 4thTarget Once the price is greater than entry price + fourthTarget, set stop loss to 4 times above B E
              //                {
              //                    SetStopLoss(CalculationMode.Price, (Position.AvgPrice + profitStop * 4 * TickSize));
              //                }
              //                
              //                // 5thTarget Once the price is greater than entry price + fifthTarget, set stop loss to 5 times above B E
              //                {
              //                    SetStopLoss(CalculationMode.Price, (Position.AvgPrice + profitStop * 5 * TickSize));
              //                }
                          }
              Attached Files

Comment

Not working and I don't know why, but I swore it worked when I first back tested it. Could not get it to work during market replay and can't get it to work during back test. Hanging on first one still. If I remove the "Breakeven" line, it will fire on the "firstTarget." See the attached back test image and my long code below.

Code:

TraceOrders = true;
                            EntriesPerDirection = 1;
                        }

/// <summary>
                        /// </summary>
                        {
                            {
                            }

{                                
                //                if (Close[0] >= Position.AvgPrice + breakEvenStop * TickSize)
                //                {
                //                    SetStopLoss(CalculationMode.Price, Position.AvgPrice);
                //                
                                {
                                }

//                if (Close[0] >= Position.AvgPrice + firstTarget * TickSize)
                //                {
                //                    SetStopLoss(CalculationMode.Price, (Position.AvgPrice + profitStop * TickSize));
                //                }

{
                                }

//                if (Close[0] >= Position.AvgPrice + secondTarget * TickSize)
                //                {
                //                    SetStopLoss(CalculationMode.Price, (Position.AvgPrice + profitStop * 2 * TickSize));
                //                }

if (Close[0] >= Position.AvgPrice + secondTarget * TickSize && Close[0] < Position.AvgPrice + thirdTarget * TickSize )
                                {
                                }

//                {
                //                    SetStopLoss(CalculationMode.Price, (Position.AvgPrice + profitStop * 3 * TickSize));
                //                }

if (Close[0] >= Position.AvgPrice + fourthTarget * TickSize && Close[0] < Position.AvgPrice + fourthTarget * TickSize )
                                {
                                }

//                // 4thTarget Once the price is greater than entry price + fourthTarget, set stop loss to 4 times above B E
                //                {
                //                    SetStopLoss(CalculationMode.Price, (Position.AvgPrice + profitStop * 4 * TickSize));
                //                }
                //                
                //                // 5thTarget Once the price is greater than entry price + fifthTarget, set stop loss to 5 times above B E
                //                {
                //                    SetStopLoss(CalculationMode.Price, (Position.AvgPrice + profitStop * 5 * TickSize));
                //                }
                            }
                Your results will seem to imply that the SetStopLoss() method is not reentrant, and will only be called once on each barUpdate. Using TraceOrders may be able to confirm that.

Regardless, the code is rather inefficient, so it might be better to simply code it using the mathematical logic. Any Close that is greater than the 3rd target is also greater than the first 2, so try coding it from this pseudocode.
                Code:
                if (Close[0] >= Target3) SetStopLoss(...)
                else if (Close[0] >= Target2) SetStopLoss(...)
                else if (Close[0] >= Target1) SetStopLoss(...)
                so that by cascading down, only one branch is ever called, and it will always be the one where the price exceeds the nearest target.
                Last edited by koganam; 05-07-2013, 09:42 PM.

Comment

Trace orders do confirm it is only modify the stop order once, not at the other levels. I will attempt to use your code. Thanks.

Comment

Koganam-

Got it working, but in market replay it is modifying the stop back down if the price drops, see below.

4/7/2013 11:16:35 PM Entered internal SetStopTarget() method: Type=Stop FromEntrySignal='' Mode=Price Value=7681 Currency=0 Simulated=False
                    4/7/2013 11:16:35 PM Amended stop order: Order='66d75952254f416d93c2d7a958a97f77/Replay101' Name='Stop loss' State=Accepted Instrument='FDAX 06-13' Action=Sell Limit price=0 Stop price=7681 Quantity=1 Strategy='ScalperZLEMADPOCCIstops' Type=Stop Tif=Gtc Oco='22eb77f8efbe444d8cf409934ff600dc-1842' Filled=0 Fill price=0 Token='66d75952254f416d93c2d7a958a97f77' Gtd='12/1/2099 12:00:00 AM'
                    4/7/2013 11:16:35 PM Entered internal SetStopTarget() method: Type=Stop FromEntrySignal='' Mode=Price Value=7681 Currency=0 Simulated=False
                    4/7/2013 11:16:35 PM Entered internal SetStopTarget() method: Type=Stop FromEntrySignal='' Mode=Price Value=7682.5 Currency=0 Simulated=False
                    4/7/2013 11:16:35 PM Amended stop order: Order='66d75952254f416d93c2d7a958a97f77/Replay101' Name='Stop loss' State=Accepted Instrument='FDAX 06-13' Action=Sell Limit price=0 Stop price=7682.5 Quantity=1 Strategy='ScalperZLEMADPOCCIstops' Type=Stop Tif=Gtc Oco='22eb77f8efbe444d8cf409934ff600dc-1842' Filled=0 Fill price=0 Token='66d75952254f416d93c2d7a958a97f77' Gtd='12/1/2099 12:00:00 AM'
                    4/7/2013 11:16:38 PM Entered internal SetStopTarget() method: Type=Stop FromEntrySignal='' Mode=Price Value=7681 Currency=0 Simulated=False
                    4/7/2013 11:16:38 PM Amended stop order: Order='66d75952254f416d93c2d7a958a97f77/Replay101' Name='Stop loss' State=Accepted Instrument='FDAX 06-13' Action=Sell Limit price=0 Stop price=7681 Quantity=1 Strategy='ScalperZLEMADPOCCIstops' Type=Stop Tif=Gtc Oco='22eb77f8efbe444d8cf409934ff600dc-1842' Filled=0 Fill price=0 Token='66d75952254f416d93c2d7a958a97f77' Gtd='12/1/2099 12:00:00 AM'
                    4/7/2013 11:16:38 PM Entered internal SetStopTarget() method: Type=Stop FromEntrySignal='' Mode=Price Value=7681 Currency=0 Simulated=False
                    4/7/2013 11:16:38 PM Entered internal SetStopTarget() method: Type=Stop FromEntrySignal='' Mode=Price Value=7682.5 Currency=0 Simulated=False
                    4/7/2013 11:16:38 PM Amended stop order: Order='66d75952254f416d93c2d7a958a97f77/Replay101' Name='Stop loss' State=Accepted Instrument='FDAX 06-13' Action=Sell Limit price=0 Stop price=7682.5 Quantity=1 Strategy='ScalperZLEMADPOCCIstops' Type=Stop Tif=Gtc Oco='22eb77f8efbe444d8cf409934ff600dc-1842' Filled=0 Fill price=0 Token='66d75952254f416d93c2d7a958a97f77' Gtd='12/1/2099 12:00:00 AM'
                    4/7/2013 11:16:41 PM Entered internal SetStopTarget() method: Type=Stop FromEntrySignal='' Mode=Price Value=7681 Currency=0 Simulated=False
                    4/7/2013 11:16:41 PM Amended stop order: Order='66d75952254f416d93c2d7a958a97f77/Replay101' Name='Stop loss' State=Accepted Instrument='FDAX 06-13' Action=Sell Limit price=0 Stop price=7681 Quantity=1 Strategy='ScalperZLEMADPOCCIstops' Type=Stop Tif=Gtc Oco='22eb77f8efbe444d8cf409934ff600dc-1842' Filled=0 Fill price=0 Token='66d75952254f416d93c2d7a958a97f77' Gtd='12/1/2099 12:00:00 AM'
                    4/7/2013 11:16:41 PM Entered internal SetStopTarget() method: Type=Stop FromEntrySignal='' Mode=Price Value=7681 Currency=0 Simulated=False
                    4/7/2013 11:16:42 PM Entered internal SetStopTarget() method: Type=Stop FromEntrySignal='' Mode=Price Value=7681 Currency=0 Simulated=False
                    4/7/2013 11:16:42 PM Entered internal SetStopTarget() method: Type=Stop FromEntrySignal='' Mode=Price Value=7681 Currency=0 Simulated=False
                    4/7/2013 11:16:46 PM Entered internal SetStopTarget() method: Type=Stop FromEntrySignal='' Mode=Price Value=7681 Currency=0 Simulated=False
                    4/7/2013 11:16:46 PM Entered internal SetStopTarget() method: Type=Stop FromEntrySignal='' Mode=Price Value=7681 Currency=0 Simulated=False
                    4/7/2013 11:16:46 PM Entered internal SetStopTarget() method: Type=Stop FromEntrySignal='' Mode=Price Value=7682.5 Currency=0 Simulated=False
                    4/7/2013 11:16:46 PM Amended stop order: Order='66d75952254f416d93c2d7a958a97f77/Replay101' Name='Stop loss' State=Accepted Instrument='FDAX 06-13' Action=Sell Limit price=0 Stop price=7682.5 Quantity=1 Strategy='ScalperZLEMADPOCCIstops' Type=Stop Tif=Gtc Oco='22eb77f8efbe444d8cf409934ff600dc-1842' Filled=0 Fill price=0 Token='66d75952254f416d93c2d7a958a97f77' Gtd='12/1/2099 12:00:00 AM'
                    4/7/2013 11:16:46 PM Entered internal SetStopTarget() method: Type=Stop FromEntrySignal='' Mode=Price Value=7682.5 Currency=0 Simulated=False
                    4/7/2013 11:16:47 PM Entered internal SetStopTarget() method: Type=Stop FromEntrySignal='' Mode=Price Value=7681 Currency=0 Simulated=False
                    4/7/2013 11:16:47 PM Amended stop order: Order='66d75952254f416d93c2d7a958a97f77/Replay101' Name='Stop loss' State=Accepted Instrument='FDAX 06-13' Action=Sell Limit price=0 Stop price=7681 Quantity=1 Strategy='ScalperZLEMADPOCCIstops' Type=Stop Tif=Gtc Oco='22eb77f8efbe444d8cf409934ff600dc-1842' Filled=0 Fill price=0 Token='66d75952254f416d93c2d7a958a97f77' Gtd='12/1/2099 12:00:00 AM'
                    4/7/2013 11:16:47 PM Entered internal SetStopTarget() method: Type=Stop FromEntrySignal='' Mode=Price Value=7682.5 Currency=0 Simulated=False
                    4/7/2013 11:16:47 PM Amended stop order: Order='66d75952254f416d93c2d7a958a97f77/Replay101' Name='Stop loss' State=Accepted Instrument='FDAX 06-13' Action=Sell Limit price=0 Stop price=7682.5 Quantity=1 Strategy='ScalperZLEMADPOCCIstops' Type=Stop Tif=Gtc Oco='22eb77f8efbe444d8cf409934ff600dc-1842' Filled=0 Fill price=0 Token='66d75952254f416d93c2d7a958a97f77' Gtd='12/1/2099 12:00:00 AM'
                    4/7/2013 11:16:47 PM Entered internal SetStopTarget() method: Type=Stop FromEntrySignal='' Mode=Price Value=7682.5 Currency=0 Simulated=False
                    4/7/2013 11:16:55 PM Entered internal SetStopTarget() method: Type=Stop FromEntrySignal='' Mode=Price Value=7681 Currency=0 Simulated=False
                    4/7/2013 11:16:55 PM Amended stop order: Order='66d75952254f416d93c2d7a958a97f77/Replay101' Name='Stop loss' State=Accepted Instrument='FDAX 06-13' Action=Sell Limit price=0 Stop price=7681 Quantity=1 Strategy='ScalperZLEMADPOCCIstops' Type=Stop Tif=Gtc Oco='22eb77f8efbe444d8cf409934ff600dc-1842' Filled=0 Fill price=0 Token='66d75952254f416d93c2d7a958a97f77' Gtd='12/1/2099 12:00:00 AM'
                    4/7/2013 11:16:56 PM Entered internal SetStopTarget() method: Type=Stop FromEntrySignal='' Mode=Price Value=7681 Currency=0 Simulated=False
                    Here is what did,

Code:
                                TraceOrders = true;
                                EntriesPerDirection = 1;
                            }

/// <summary>
                            /// </summary>
                            {
                                {
                                }

{                                

if (Close[0] >= Position.AvgPrice + thirdTarget * TickSize) SetStopLoss(CalculationMode.Price, (Position.AvgPrice + profitStop * 3 * TickSize));
                                        else if (Close[0] >= Position.AvgPrice + secondTarget * TickSize) SetStopLoss(CalculationMode.Price, (Position.AvgPrice + profitStop * 2 * TickSize));
                                        else if (Close[0] >= Position.AvgPrice + firstTarget * TickSize) SetStopLoss(CalculationMode.Price, (Position.AvgPrice + profitStop * 2 * TickSize));
                                        else if (Close[0] >= Position.AvgPrice + breakEvenStop * TickSize) SetStopLoss(CalculationMode.Price, Position.AvgPrice);

}

{    

if (Close[0] <= Position.AvgPrice - thirdTarget * TickSize) SetStopLoss(CalculationMode.Price, (Position.AvgPrice - profitStop * 3 * TickSize));
                                        else if (Close[0] <= Position.AvgPrice - secondTarget * TickSize) SetStopLoss(CalculationMode.Price, (Position.AvgPrice - profitStop * 2 * TickSize));
                                        else if (Close[0] <= Position.AvgPrice - firstTarget * TickSize) SetStopLoss(CalculationMode.Price, (Position.AvgPrice - profitStop * 2 * TickSize));
                                        else if (Close[0] <= Position.AvgPrice - breakEvenStop * TickSize) SetStopLoss(CalculationMode.Price, Position.AvgPrice);

}

Comment

Koganam-

Got it working, but in market replay it is modifying the stop back down if the price drops, see below.

Here is what did,

Code:
                                  TraceOrders = true;
                                  EntriesPerDirection = 1;
                              }

/// <summary>
                              /// </summary>
                              {
                                  {
                                  }

{                                

if (Close[0] >= Position.AvgPrice + thirdTarget * TickSize) SetStopLoss(CalculationMode.Price, (Position.AvgPrice + profitStop * 3 * TickSize));
                                          else if (Close[0] >= Position.AvgPrice + secondTarget * TickSize) SetStopLoss(CalculationMode.Price, (Position.AvgPrice + profitStop * 2 * TickSize));
                                          else if (Close[0] >= Position.AvgPrice + firstTarget * TickSize) SetStopLoss(CalculationMode.Price, (Position.AvgPrice + profitStop * 2 * TickSize));
                                          else if (Close[0] >= Position.AvgPrice + breakEvenStop * TickSize) SetStopLoss(CalculationMode.Price, Position.AvgPrice);

}

{    

if (Close[0] <= Position.AvgPrice - thirdTarget * TickSize) SetStopLoss(CalculationMode.Price, (Position.AvgPrice - profitStop * 3 * TickSize));
                                          else if (Close[0] <= Position.AvgPrice - secondTarget * TickSize) SetStopLoss(CalculationMode.Price, (Position.AvgPrice - profitStop * 2 * TickSize));
                                          else if (Close[0] <= Position.AvgPrice - firstTarget * TickSize) SetStopLoss(CalculationMode.Price, (Position.AvgPrice - profitStop * 2 * TickSize));
                                          else if (Close[0] <= Position.AvgPrice - breakEvenStop * TickSize) SetStopLoss(CalculationMode.Price, Position.AvgPrice);

}
                      That is because your code does not quite stop you from going backwards. Read the code and you will see why.

You are going to have to store the current Stop Price, and only update the Stop if movement is in the desired direction.

Comment

I see why it is doing it, I just have no idea how to stop it and if I did figure it out, it would not be clean. Can you point me in the right direction?
                        Last edited by Hammerhorn; 05-07-2013, 07:16 PM.

Comment

I see why it is doing it, I just have no idea how to stop and if I did figure it out it would not be clean. Can you point me in the right direction?
                          Unfortunately, my coding style is very different from yours, so it is not very easy to show you what I mean, but here is one way to go about it. (Showing code as an example for Long side only)
                          Code:

//Define your class variables to hold stops
                          private double LongStopPrice = 0.00;
                          private doulbe ShortStopPrice = 100000000000.00; //just a huge number, at which  no stock trades
                          Code:
                                      {
                                          LongStopPrice = 0; //initial long stop as small as possible.
                                          ShortStopPrice = Close[0] + 1000; //initial short step pretty large
                                      }

else if (Position.MarketPosition == MarketPosition.Long && Close[0] >= Math.Max(LongStopPrice, Position.AvgPrice + breakEvenStop * TickSize))
                                      {                                

LongStopPrice = Close[0] + TickSize; //update the StopPrice

}
                          Last edited by koganam; 05-07-2013, 08:04 PM.

Comment

I don't understand this part do you mind bearing with me a little bit more and explaining it to me? Specifically the variables equaling something else.

Code:
                             // Resets the stop loss to the original value when all positions are closed             if (Position.MarketPosition == MarketPosition.Flat)             {                 SetStopLoss(CalculationMode.Ticks, stop);                 
                             ShortStopPrice = Close[0] + 1000; //initial short step pretty large             }

Comment

Long works fine. EDITED: Short not working, going back to breakeven, take a look, please.

Code:
                                      private double LongStopPrice = 0.00;
                                      private double ShortStopPrice = 100000000000.00; //just a huge number, at which  no stock trades
                                       #endregion

/// <summary>
                                      /// </summary>
                                      {

TraceOrders = true;
                                          EntriesPerDirection = 1;
                                      }

/// <summary>
                                      /// </summary>
                                      {
                                          {
                                              ShortStopPrice = Close[0] + 1000; //initial short step pretty large
                                          }

else if (Position.MarketPosition == MarketPosition.Long && Close[0] >= Math.Max(LongStopPrice, Position.AvgPrice + breakEvenStop * TickSize))
                                          {                                
                                              if (Close[0] >= Position.AvgPrice + seventhTarget * TickSize) SetStopLoss(CalculationMode.Price, (Position.AvgPrice + profitStop * 7 * TickSize));
                                                  else if (Close[0] >= Position.AvgPrice + sixthTarget * TickSize) SetStopLoss(CalculationMode.Price, (Position.AvgPrice + profitStop * 6 * TickSize));
                                                  else if (Close[0] >= Position.AvgPrice + fifthTarget * TickSize) SetStopLoss(CalculationMode.Price, (Position.AvgPrice + profitStop * 5 * TickSize));                    
                                                  else if (Close[0] >= Position.AvgPrice + fourthTarget * TickSize) SetStopLoss(CalculationMode.Price, (Position.AvgPrice + profitStop * 4 * TickSize));
                                                  else if (Close[0] >= Position.AvgPrice + thirdTarget * TickSize) SetStopLoss(CalculationMode.Price, (Position.AvgPrice + profitStop * 3 * TickSize));                
                                                  else if (Close[0] >= Position.AvgPrice + firstTarget * TickSize) SetStopLoss(CalculationMode.Price, (Position.AvgPrice + profitStop * 1 * TickSize));

LongStopPrice = Close[0]; //update the StopPrice
                                          }

else if (Position.MarketPosition == MarketPosition.Short && Close[0] <= Math.Max(ShortStopPrice, Position.AvgPrice - breakEvenStop * TickSize))
                                          {    
                                              if (Close[0] <= Position.AvgPrice - seventhTarget * TickSize) SetStopLoss(CalculationMode.Price, (Position.AvgPrice - profitStop * 7 * TickSize));
                                                  else if (Close[0] <= Position.AvgPrice - sixthTarget * TickSize) SetStopLoss(CalculationMode.Price, (Position.AvgPrice - profitStop * 6 * TickSize));
                                                  else if (Close[0] <= Position.AvgPrice - fifthTarget * TickSize) SetStopLoss(CalculationMode.Price, (Position.AvgPrice - profitStop * 5 * TickSize));                    
                                                  else if (Close[0] <= Position.AvgPrice - fourthTarget * TickSize) SetStopLoss(CalculationMode.Price, (Position.AvgPrice - profitStop * 4 * TickSize));
                                                  else if (Close[0] <= Position.AvgPrice - thirdTarget * TickSize) SetStopLoss(CalculationMode.Price, (Position.AvgPrice - profitStop * 3 * TickSize));                
                                                  else if (Close[0] <= Position.AvgPrice - firstTarget * TickSize) SetStopLoss(CalculationMode.Price, (Position.AvgPrice - profitStop * 1 * TickSize));

ShortStopPrice = Close[0]; //update the StopPrice
                                          }
                              Last edited by Hammerhorn; 05-07-2013, 08:07 PM.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by Brevo, Today, 01:45 AM
                              0 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post Brevo
                              by Brevo

Started by aussugardefender, Today, 01:07 AM
                              0 responses
                              0 likes