Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CL 04-13 Historical Chart Data

Hi,

I am having problems displaying the chart for CL 04-13 when loading historical data it won't fill in the bars for today and unfortunately is only displaying the current bars. How can I fix this problem? I am connected to an AMP futures account running CQG all other instruments are not experiencing this issue.

Regards,
    suprsnipes

Hello,

Thank you for your post.

There appears to be an issue in the recording of historical tick data for CL 04-13 on CQG historical data servers. We are aware of the issue and working to resolve the issue. An update will be provided here when more information is available.
    KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks for the quick reply...

Comment

Our server team is looking into these periods of missing data on the CQG historical data pertaining to the CL and QM contracts.

We expect these items to be resolved this weekend during maintenance and the data to be restored at that time.

If you need to record data intraday today, you may enable 'Save chart data as historical' under the Tools--> Options--> Data tab.

You may also consider using a backup data connection such as Kinetick which will allow you to backfill these charts for the missing periods and will also provide you a backup option moving forward in the future.

Thank you for your patience and understanding.
        MatthewNinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

Our server team was able to restore the periods of missing data for the CL 04-13 on the CQG connection.

Please restart NinjaTrader and reconnect to your CQG connection. Once reconnected, please right click on the chart and select "Reload all historical data" and the data should be backfilled.

Please let us know if you're unable to download this data at this time.

Comment

Thank you so much for your hard work at restoring the periods of missing data for the CL 04-13 on the CQG connection.much appreciated your team does great work at minimizing the hardship thrown at us periodically by Ninja Trader.

Best,

nicosxm

Comment

We appreciate your kind words! I'll share this with the team.

Have a nice weekend.

Comment

Hi Mathew,
                I have been following along with you instruction and unfortunately this has not worked for me.

I still have no data to fill the gap over night ...data starts from my sign on thsi morning.
                Please advise.

In addition to your instructions, I tried creating a new chart also and reloading all istorical data and still no change in the missing data.

Comment

Did you restart NinjaTrader? This is a critical step in order to reconnect to the server.

If you have already restarted NinjaTrader and you cannot backfill your chart, please take the following steps:

*Shut down NinjaTrader
                  *Navigate to Documents\NinjaTrader 7\db
                  *Delete the folder named "Cache"
                  *Restart NinjaTrader and reconnect to your CQG account.

Comment

Mathew - Yes! Thank you - that was the trick. Are you able to expand on what this does for the data and why this was a necessary step. I ask as I have had data problems a few times this week since I rolled over the contract for CL on tuesday.

I am thinking that if I follow these last instructions (after changing the rollbaback date on the default settings in Instrument Manager) that I will be able to restore the historical data and have it continuous/back adjusted the next time I have contract rollover data issues. What do you think? Thank you

Comment

These files may prevent the updated data from being downloaded to your PC. Deleting will recreate fresh files based off the new information.

Comment

Thank you Matthew.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                        Started by lucasmelo152, 06-28-2021, 12:51 PM
                        8 responses
                        0 likes
                        Last Post Ymcapital  
                        Started by Creamers, 04-27-2024, 05:32 AM