Can't load more than 3 days from FXCM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can't load more than 3 days from FXCM

There are some pairs that no matter how many days I enter in the Data Series, I only get 5 days of data on my chart. Other pairs seem to be able to go back over 250 days. Why would this happen? How can I get all of the data I want on all my charts?

Ex. $GBPJPY loads 250 days data. $GBPNZD only loads 5. I am connected to FXCM and have tried Reload All Historical Data and that does not do it.
    cassb
    NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - Logical Forex

Hello,

Thank you for your post.

As this issue appears to be related to the other open case which you and I are working on, I'll follow up with you on this matter via email as well.

Let's continue to work from email with any charting issue you come across so that we may ensure that your case history is kept within a single case. Thank you for your understanding.
    KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello. I also get this problem on FXCM. It seems like early February data doesn't want to load. If I request 2/1 to 2/18 and reload all historical data, it only loads the recent 3 or 5 days. As a workaround, I have to individually load 2/14-2/18, 2/13-2/18, 2/12-2/18, ... all the way to 2/1-2/18 to fully get February 1st to current data on FXCM.

Comment

Hello enerbp,

Unfortunately this is a known issue with FXCM. There is only about 5 days of historical minute data available to download.

We are working with FXCM to solve it.
        JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thank you.

Comment

Is there any resolution expected with FXCM data. When I use StrategyTrader, the proprietary software that they discontinued, I have no problem getting data going back for years. Through NinjaTrader, however, when I try to get hourly (60 min.) data back one year, I only get a few days. This essentially makes it useless to me because I cannot test anything. That is the reason I ordered the live version of NinjaTrader. I wanted to test and automate the same strategies I had in StrategyTrader which are based on intraday data. With only a few days of data, there is nothing that I can do. What is your recommendation? I just ordered the product last week on a lease, but I want to cancel it if I cannot use it. I should have been told in advance that I would not have access to data. I spoke with someone on the phone. She said nothing of this problem. What am I to do at this point? I cannot see any history. I cannot test. I cannot automate. I cannot do any of the things I was expecting when I paid my money. Perhaps Kinetick is an option; but testing with Kinetick data doesn't give me an accurate picture of how a strategy will work with FXCM data. Please advise.

Comment

Hello,

We do not have an ETA on when the speed and amount of data available from these servers will be improved. We're awaiting development from FXCM to these servers.

Please note that the live license key you purchased does not include any additional data or robust features from that of the free version. NinjaTrader is not a data provider or a broker and the performance of your data is entirely dependent on the data provider/brokerage technology you use.

The only difference between these two version is the ability to trade live. If you're still in development phase of your strategies, I would suggest canceling your live license key as the only time you need to purchase is when you wish to execute a live order to a live brokerage.

Canceling your live NinjaTrader license key and purchasing Kinetick data is my recommendation for you at this time as the Kinetick technology uses FXCM data for the basic forex products. The results you see on Kinetick should be similar to that of FXCM, except with much quicker load times and access to a wider range of historical data.

Please send me and email at support[at]ninjatrader[dot]com with a reference to this thread and I'd be happy to pass you on to have this all taken care of for you.
              MatthewNinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

Matthew, can you help me load up some historical FX data from Kinetick? How do I do that? I'd like to get 1 year of back data loaded.

Thanks!
                cassb
                NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - Logical Forex

Comment

You will need to subscribe to at least the basic subscription for historical data with Kinetick to get historical access for the products at $50. You can then opt to pay the exchange fees for the real-time data.

Comment

If the "Kinetick technology uses FXCM data", what is Kinetick doing differently to serve up more than 3 days of FXCM data? Also, shouldn't FXCM serve data the same regardless if it goes through Kinetick or directly to NT 7? Users shouldn't have to pay up more money as a result of FXCM's inability to offer reliable data. This is just my opinion.

Comment

They are using different servers. Kinetick's data is recorded from FXCM, but they host and distribute this data using their own methods.

FXCM is currently working on upgrading their resources to allow access to more data. We were told this would occur last weekend, but they have postponed these upgrades and are scheduled to take place this upcoming weekend.

Comment

Thank you Matthew for your recommendation. I was not clear on using Kinetick without a live license. Thank you for that clarity. Since it is only a few days away, I will wait until this weekend and see if FXCM makes the data more available. I am still a little fuzzy on how Kinetick can offer FXCM data, but FXCM cannot offer it; but anyway, I will wait until next week before making any changes. Thanks again for your response in this matter.

Comment

Also Only Able to Load 3 Days of Data

Roll on this weekend... One of the more bizarre charting/data issues I've come across. Only 3 days of data... How was that ever acceptable?

Was it last weekend or this weekend?

Has anyone tried Gain/Forex.com recently? It seemed pretty good when it was free...
                          Last edited by Traffic; 03-04-2013, 05:34 PM.

Comment

It was my understanding that the reference was to this past weekend of 3/2 to 3/3, 2013. Unfortunately, there was no new data on Sunday night when the markets opened. If you are using FXCM, you are essentially forced to pay an unnecessary extra $50/mo. to Kinetick just to get FXCM data. They started the beta test last year with NinjaTrader which gave them plenty of time to work out data issues. The current situation is not acceptable. It is not a good trade. It is a loser that any good trader would work to get out of. I have heard good things about Gain. Here is a link to NinjaTrader's matrix of brokers and what they offer. Hope it helps. Happy trading.

Comment

@Trafic , about Forex.com

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by Board game geek, 10-29-2023, 12:00 PM
                              14 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post DJ888
                              by DJ888

Started by Waxavi, 04-19-2024, 02:10 AM