Go Back   NinjaTrader Support Forum > Application Technical Support > SuperDOM and other Order Entry Windows

SuperDOM and other Order Entry Windows Support for all NinjaTrader order entry windows including the SuperDOM.

Old 02-06-2008, 06:29 PM   #1
AdoFx

Question Wrong Open Profit Loss Display

Hi, I have a problem with the DOM in NT 6.5, I don't know if I have something missconfigured or is an issue of the software.

When placing a Long position, the Display of Open Profit Loss shows correctly the tics/$/% of profit or loss since the order is executed, including the spread.

But, when placing a Short position, the Display ignores the spread, so it shows the position at breakeven inmediatly after executed, and in profit with the first tick in my favor, no matter the spread is 2, 3 or more tics.

I'd like to know if there's something I can do to solve this.

Thanks.
Attached Images
File Type: png spread2.png (29.4 KB, 16 views)
Old 02-07-2008, 08:10 AM   #2
NinjaTrader_Ray
Administrator

Who are you connected to?
Old 02-07-2008, 09:38 AM   #3
AdoFx

MBT Trading
Old 02-07-2008, 09:54 AM   #4
NinjaTrader_Ray
Administrator

Do you have sub pip support enabled via Tools > Options > Misc ?
Old 02-07-2008, 10:32 AM   #5
AdoFx

No, I don't. After reading your answer I checked the box to try but is the same. I tried closing and opening NT afther checking the mark but nothing changed.
Old 02-07-2008, 11:23 AM   #6
NinjaTrader_Ray
Administrator

Several things -

1) Do you have under Tools > Options > "Apply PnL..." enabled? If yes, this will affect the PnL

2) In our recent release, using the Dynamic DOM for FX at MBT is not supported. If you are on the recent release, you likely had a legacy DOM open with a currency instrument loaded. If you open a new one, you will see you do not have the ability to select an FX instrument.

I suggest trying in the FX Pro window, all PnL calcs are as expected in my tests. You can easily check this as well by looking at reported PnL in NT vs MBT Navigator. The cash values for open PnL of a position are identical.