Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Can't Get Rid of Reference

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can't Get Rid of Reference

Hello,

I was experimenting with a way to read parameters from Excel, so made a reference in a Ninjascript to a MD interop assembly. It was a dll placed in the NT7 user data folder, per Ninja documentation.

I never could get it to work, so I deleted the dll file and removed the reference from the script editor. However, now, every time I open the window to add/edit/delete an indicator or a strategy from a chart, I get an error message box like this:

Click image for larger version

Name:	error.png
Views:	1
Size:	7.6 KB
ID:	898946

I closed Ninja and rebooted several times. Rechecked the references to make sure there is nothing but the default references. I've also deleted the custom indicator which I was using to work on this.

Originally posted by coolmoss View Post
    Hello,

I was experimenting with a way to read parameters from Excel, so made a reference in a Ninjascript to a MD interop assembly. It was a dll placed in the NT7 user data folder, per Ninja documentation.

I never could get it to work, so I deleted the dll file and removed the reference from the script editor. However, now, every time I open the window to add/edit/delete an indicator or a strategy from a chart, I get an error message box like this:

[ATTACH]23354[/ATTACH]

I closed Ninja and rebooted several times. Rechecked the references to make sure there is nothing but the default references. I've also deleted the custom indicator which I was using to work on this.
    Recompile any indicator. That should get rid of it in the gumball dll.

Comment

Thanks koganam,

I've done that too. No happiness

Comment

coolmoss,

You've checked references to ensure this no longer exists? Odd. Did you try restarting NinjaTrader as well as totally deleting the .dll from the NS directories while NT is shut down?
        Adam P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by coolmoss View Post
          Thanks koganam,

I've done that too. No happiness
          Then you may have no choice but to use the shotgun/sledgehammer approach.

1. File --> Utilities --> Remove NinjaScript Assembly --> (if it is still showing), then click and remove.

2. If still no joy, then Close NT; rename and move NinjaTrader.Custom.dll and NinjaTrader.Custom.xml; restart NT.

("Rename and move", so that you can go back if you decide that the sledgehammer was too much ).
          Last edited by koganam; 09-24-2012, 11:38 AM.

Comment

Thank you both very much. It turned out I'm at least partially blind. I would have swore I deleted the interop .dll and didn't. My bad.

However, thanks much koganam for sharing the sledge hammer approach. I may need it some day. I find your posts always helpful!

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by algospoke, Today, 06:40 PM
            0 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post algospoke  
            Started by maybeimnotrader, Today, 05:46 PM
            0 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post maybeimnotrader