Yahoo Data - Incorrect days

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yahoo Data - Incorrect days

Im using the simulated version of NT trying to study End of Day Data for ASX stocks using yahoo finance.

I'm having trouble with the dates as it appears that Ninja Trader is pulling through the incorrect dates.

I've attached a screen shot of what I mean, the Yahoo finance data shows the correct day (13/7/2012) but ninja trader pulls it through as the 14/7/2012. Is ther any way to amend this?

Thanks in advance
    Attached Files

Hello,

What session template do you have loaded on this chart? You check this by right clicking on the chart and selecting 'Default 24/7'

What time zone are you located in? What time zone is your PC clock set to?
    MatthewNinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

Time zone of my computer is (UTC+10:00) Canberra, Melbourne, Sydney which is correct as I'm in Sydney

Whether I use Default 24/7 or ''use instrument settings" I still get the same incorrect data for the chart

Comment

Hello,

The Default 24/7 template is based on the US Eastern Time Zone

You will need to create your own custom session template based off your local time zone.

As a test you can try the ASX Interest Rate Session template which is based on UTC +10:00.

As long as the Start and End times are within the same date and based off your local clock, you should see the correct dates in your daily bars.

Comment

Awesome thanks!

Comment

Matthew,

I only just noticed your post.

I imported an ASX 200 list, used the ASX Interest session template for the time but did not know you had to also change the data series within a chart to get this to show correctly.

You've finally resolved my frustration.

The dates now show correctly for ASX stocks using Yahoo. The time is wrong (7am instead of 4pm for the day's close) but that doesn't really matter as long as the day and date are correct.

I suppose there is no way to get it show 4pm instead of 7am ?

Comment

ok
              Getting further with this but I have one bug I can't resolve.

Even if I correctly set up a new session template in UTC + 10 time with five days from 0000 to 2300 and import a stock listing of the ASX 200 with that template it doesn't correctly work out.

What happens when I first create a chart with one of these stocks is that it defaults to using the template for the instrument setting but that shows the wrong date. I have to manually go into the data series settings and change it from instrument setting to the template name I setup even though these should be one and the same.

Is there a way around this bug ? Can I set up a chart template for my ASX 200 stocks using the date session template I created ?

Comment

If you go to Tools--> Instrument Manager and locate one of the instruments you're having trouble with, what is the Session Template listed here? Is this the one you have to set it to in the data series?

This should be the session template it will use when 'Use Instrument Settings" is selected.

Comment

Thanks for the reply Matthew.

This is what I did.

1 In session manager created a template that should work - basically UTC+10 with Monday to Friday 0000 to 2300
                  2. Imported a stock symbol list and used that new template I created whilst online to Yahoo
                  3. Once successfully imported, go File New Chart of one of those symbols
                  4. This is where it goes wrong. Even though the data series refers to the default instrument template the chart initially shows the wrong days.
                  5. When I go into the data series and change the session template manually to the one I created (ASX Test 5) the chart then shows the right days
                  6. I then save the chart template
                  7. If I load another stock chart using that chart template the days are correct
                  8. If I don't use the chart template the days are wrong

Comment

Can you please confirm for me what session template is set as default when you edit the instrument? Is it the one you created, or does it refer to another session template entirely? This is a critical piece of information I will need to know if I can reproduce what you're seeing.

Thanks!

Comment

Hi Matthew,
                      When I go New Chart and look at the data series it says instrument default in the session template box. I thought this means it should be using the one I created and is the one set up for this list of symbols. If I manually edit it to point to the session template I created the dates are then fine

Comment

Hi Hoolio,

Unfortunately, I was unable to reproduce what you are seeing.
                        Can you check the Instrument's session template by going to
                        • Tools>Instrument Manager>Search for the stock symbol, select it and press edit towards the bottom.

This should bring up the instrument's settings. What is the session template set to?

I have create a screencast that outlines what the steps I took to create the chart and session template.
                        http://screencast.com/t/gA3ZB4t6
                        Cal H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                        Started by suroot, 04-10-2017, 02:18 AM
                        4 responses
                        0 likes
                        Last Post truepenny  
                        Started by Stanfillirenfro, Today, 07:23 AM
                        1 response