Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

"Global Drawing Objects" indicator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Global Drawing Objects" indicator

Hello, is there a way to code for a "Global Drawing Object" such that the object would appear on all charts for the same instrument. Specifically, I am looking to create an indicator where I can enter a certain price level for a given instrument, and it print a horizontal line for that price level on all displayed charts for that instrument.

Hello pman777,
    Unfortunately the Global draw objects cannot be accessed via NinjaScript. It can be accessed manually for user drawn draw objects only.

Please let me know if I can assist you any further.
    JoydeepNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Could use the same functionality as well. Currently thinking of a workaround of having a text file (or excel file) which contains the price levels (can be multiple). Then code an indicator that reads the file and draws the horizontal lines. This way you can add the indicator to a template and have it automatically on all your charts.

Question to NT, would Excel or Textfile be better or are there any better ways to store the price levels (with additional information like label, color, style etc.)

Thomas

Comment

Thinking of it again, it might be better to store this in an XML file when used in various chart windows. The problem with Excel is that (I believe) it would need to start a new instance of excel everything the indicator is loaded in a chart.

Comment

Hello hometradingblog,
          NinjaTrader saves the the settings in xml files only. The Global draw object settings files can be found in the folder <My Documents>\NinjaTrader 7\templates\GlobalChartObject\
          JoydeepNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by GussJ, 03-04-2020, 03:11 PM
          16 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post Leafcutter  
          Started by WHICKED, Today, 12:45 PM
          2 responses
          0 likes