Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Setting up NinjaTrader for use in Australia (ASX)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Setting up NinjaTrader for use in Australia (ASX)

Hi All,

I've been evaluating quite a few different charting/TA applications and I'm revisiting NinjaTrader. Giving it one last chance, as it seems to come up on a few forums here. The reason I'm revisiting, is that every other single program has been a breeze to setup for use with ASX stocks, whereas NT is non user friendly to say the least!

I understand Australia is a smaller market on the global scale, hence why ASX and our stocks aren't selectable from a standard installation, but there doesn't seem to be much of a guide on setting it up for use in AU.

I've gone to the instrument manager, created a list called ASX and tried adding single stocks, however the chart didn't display the correct pricing, so I've probably missed a setting.....I'm trialling it with Yahoo data which has been fine with all the other apps and they show the price for the particular stock as being correct.

I'm sure there's plenty of people that have set it up, so if anyone can point me in the right direction it would be much appreciated.

NT from a support point of view, one PDF for each country would be great! Even some downloadable lists of instruments would be great!

TIA

Hello IndaMarket,
    Welcome to the forum and I am happy to assist you.

Unfortunately we do not have any PDF manual as of yet for non-US exchanges but I will forward your suggestion to development for future consideration.

You can however can use NinjaTrader to pull data from Yahoo. Please make a new instrument by following the below steps:
    • From the NinjaTrader Control Center window select the menu Tools > Instrument Manager
    • Press the "New" button
    • *Enter in instrument specific information as shown in the attached picture
    • Fill in any relevant information under the "Misc" tab such as symbol mapping for your target connectivity provider
    • Press the "OK" button

In the attached picture I have shown how to append a new instrument for Telstra. You can add other symbols likewise. Just remember to append the right yahoo code in the Misc tab.
    Please let me know if I can assist you any further.
    Attached Files
    JoydeepNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi there, thanks for the very prompt reply, that's great service! I had everything correct except for one extension in the misc tab.

I've added a few successfully which is great and now I'm wondering if you can provide assistance on importing all, or most of the ASX stocks? Yahoo is fine for now, unless there's another free alternative you can recommend?

Also that picture is quite handy and would be useful posted somewhere along with the guide. I know a lot of people wouldn't bother registering for the forum to see it, they would just look at other alternative programs. Just a suggestion that might help you get more new users

Comment

Hello IndaMarket,
        Glad to know you could pull data from yahoo.

Unfortunately as of now we do not have a complete list and we can only provide limited support.

I have forwarded your request to development and hopefully they will be able to support your request in future.

Please let me know if I can assist you any further.

Comment

Hi Inda Market.

I have done up a couple lists for ASX YAhoo if it makes it easier for you.
          Posted on my site.

Raef

Comment

Is it possible to pull ASX intraday stock data from eSignal?

Comment

Hello kenyee65,
              We have successfully appended futures data for ASX.

To assist you further please send the Config.xml file to support[AT]ninjatrader[DOT]com so that I can test your account.

You can locate the Config.xml file in the folder <My Documents>\NinjaTrader 7\

Please append Attn:Joydeep in the subject line of the email and give a reference of this thread in the body of the email.

I look forward to assisting you further.

Comment

Hi

We’re a proud NinjaTrader 3rd party add-on provider and have recently released a unique new product range, the ‘Easy Load’ equities installer for NinjaTrader, which addresses the exact questions raised in this topic (the NinjaTrader press release can be found at http://www.ninjatrader.com/downloads/NinjaTrader_GlobalTradingTools_PressRelease_August _29_2013.pdf )

Our ‘Easy Load’ installers automatically install within NinjaTrader the complete list of all configured stock exchange codes for various exchanges (including Australian ASX, Canadian TSX / TSXV, India NSE, US NYSE, NASDAQ & NYSE MKT) allowing for fast, seamless access to these instruments across multiple supported NinjaTrader datafeed providers.

For the Australian Securities Exchange (‘Easy Load’ ASX) installer, all stock codes are automatically imported, fully configured and mapped to work seamlessly with Interactive Brokers, eSignal, barchart and Yahoo free data (normally we include Kinetick free/real time data & DTN IQFeed too however at the time of writing this they do not have ASX data). If your current data provider is not listed above please send me a message and we can look to include it.

I realise this topic is quite old now, however just thought I’d mention it if anyone is now after a fully automated solution to the queries raised in this forum topic.
                http://www.GlobalTradingTools.com/software/easy-load-ninjatrader/
                Thanks for your time.
                Attached Files
                Last edited by GlobalTradingTools_Stuart; 09-19-2014, 01:40 AM. Reason: added screen shots

Comment

New ASX 200 List update Jan 2015

Hi Guys,

I have updated ASX200 list here. http://www.raefontrading.com/australian-shares-asx200/

I haven't bothered with the options or smaller lists but if someone need them email me and I will do one up.
                  Also I have done up a free Strategy with the Wizard if you are new to NT7 and using it on ASX shares for back testing purposes some downloads and various videos etc here
                  Using the NinjaTarder Strategy Wizard is a great way to ask questions of the market. What if I took a BigBenda signal together with a SQ1001 and had a 85c stop and a 65c target trading QAN since 20&#8230;

Thanks Raef

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                  Started by Kaledus, Today, 01:29 PM
                  0 responses
                  0 likes
                  Last Post Kaledus
                  by Kaledus

Started by PaulMohn, Today, 12:36 PM
                  1 response