Multiple Instrument Overlay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Multiple Instrument Overlay

I converted from eSignal to Ninja. One of the charts I have not been able to recreate is a correlation overlay of 5 futures instruments all on a 5 minute basis.

I was able to do it for 3 instruments if I used 3 different "Scale Justifications"

Is it possible to plot /overlay more than 3 instruments on the same timeframe chart.

I want to look at the how 5 futures instruments correlate and want to have them all in one chart.

Hello jmccormick,

Thank you for your post.

This is something which should be possible within the software - the steps required are really just those which you're using to create the 3 instrument overlay chart.

As you try to create the layout you desire currently, what behavior are you running in to?
    KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

When I add the instruments if I don't change the Scale Justifications only one instrument plots (I am using a line diagram). If I use all 3 Scale Justifications 3 instruments plot but the other 2 are no where to be found

Comment

Hi,

Taking a step back - which five instruments are you working with in this instance?

Comment

Es, ym, nq, 6e, cl

Comment

Hello jmccormick,

You can add 5 instruments in one panel, however you can only use three scale justifications as you mention. So if you like to reflect price bars properly, you could only use three instruments per panel.
            JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Ninja Trader could really allow for a minimum of 5 Instruments (if not more) to overlay on one chart windows/panel with proper scale justification instead of limiting the user with a maximum of 3 and all the tweaking required to get it right......even free online charting package allow this with a couple clicks...... :/

Comment

Hello nicosxm,

Thanks for your suggestion. I will forward this to our development team for consideration of future releases of NinjaTrader.
                JCNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I would like to chart ES on all my charts...ie when looking at AAPL would like to have line chart of ES to see if one going up other down etc... I am also not really a programmer, but have been able to write a couple of indicators by modifying others etc. Is there a sample like this to follow/modify? or training I could follow? Thanks for your help/guidance.

Comment

Hello,

A secondary data series could be added to the chart. An example of the settings which would be used in the Data Series menu are shown in the attached image.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                    Started by nandhumca, Today, 03:41 PM
                    0 responses
                    0 likes
                    Last Post nandhumca  
                    Started by The_Sec, Today, 03:37 PM
                    0 responses