Collapse

Calculate Value Area - histogram

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jeff, you would need to step into the custom code and change the color settings for the histogram then.
    BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

histogram i daychart

Originally posted by sbgtrading View Post
      I revamped the VolumeZones code to display a rolling MarketProfile. This indicator calculates the VOC, TPO or VWTPO MarketProfile and currently calculates it based on the bars displayed in the chart frame.

I'll work on enhancing this indicator to permit user-defined start/stop periods. But for now, check it out and get your feedback in. Most of all, I'd like to hear how people trade this profitably.

NOTE: The indicator is programmed on V6.5, but I will look into transferring it down to V6.0.

Enjoy!
      Ben
      Thanx o lot for this. I was just wondering if this doesn´t work on a day timeframe? I a novis NT user but I somehow managed to get EOD chart of swedish omx index in NT through yahoo. This index doesent come with volume, still i would be really cool if it was possible to in the day chart plot a time based histogram (tpo).

Comment

Not sure, but I would think those indicators generally require volume to calculate hence their names with the V.
        Josh P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Josh View Post
          Not sure, but I would think those indicators generally require volume to calculate hence their names with the V.
          I was thinking of the "T" TPO

I actually use thinkorswim aswell for spot fx trading and have such a indicator there. But tos only has omx data for the past 6 months...

Comment

Would be really nice to have this one configurable to plot in time intervals, i.e. every 30 mins, 60 mins, 180 mins etc.

Very good indicator. Thanks for sharing.

Comment

Originally posted by deanz View Post
              Here is one for people who can not afford Volfix or Se7en.

It calculates using all the bars loaded that you asked for when you open a new chart, not just the ones showing on the chart. Here is a comparison between Volfix and Se7en.

Note: If I open a tick chart going back 2 months Ninja uses 650 MB of RAM and I only have 1,000 MB. This is with no indicators loaded, but the really bad thing is when I close the chart Ninja does not give my computer back that 650 MB of RAM, I have to close down Ninja to get my RAM back.... this is very disappointing programming I feel. So bear this in mind when you are trying to get super accurate levels over many weeks. It is better with lesser amounts of days, or using minutes or hourly bars for big look back periods, this will also let you see the histogram better too, to show you how big each level is compared with other levels.

Play with it a bit and you'll soon see what I mean.

I noticed the original CalculateValueAreaHisto does not work on the JPY/USD futures so neither does this one, must be something to do with there being 6 digits after the decimal.

Dean.

EDIT:
              There is a similar indicator here:
              http://www.ninjatrader-support2.com/...ad.php?t=18882

Hi Dean. Please, Could you let me know where can I find the indicator "VolumeatPriceIndicator" you are using on your post #51???. Thanks in advance.

Comment

Hi sbg and Dean.

Is there a way to use VOC in a 1 tick bar and not 1 min data to get more accuracy? is there any improvement for NT7?

thanks

Comment

Is there an MPvalues NT7 version?

Comment

Hi Ben. your indicator CalculateValueAreaHIsto.zip could be what I need to overcome the volumezones plot based on the chart display problem. Do you have an updated version that allowuser-defined start/stop periods? Thanks.
                    revamped the VolumeZones code to display a rolling MarketProfile. This indicator calculates the VOC, TPO or VWTPO MarketProfile and currently calculates it based on the bars displayed in the chart frame.

Comment

The CalculateValueAreaHisto_v2 imports and compiles ok in NT7 but doesn't display anything.
                      It had been working all ok on my NT6.5.

Is it working for anyone on NT7 ?

Appreciate any feedback
                      Thx

Comment

NTAustin and koganam kindly assisted.
                        This is now NT compatible.
                        exported on NT7.1.1000.6

Thx
                        Attached Files

Comment

Might want to check out this Volume Profile indicator as well: http://www.criticaldata.com/index.ph...volume-profile

Comment

Originally posted by miker View Post
                            Might want to check out this Volume Profile indicator as well: http://www.criticaldata.com/index.ph...volume-profile
                            Thx for the link.

What would be good is if the CalculateValueAreaHistoNT7 indicator could use actual volume rather than the VWTPO, TPO etc.as well as start/stop periods as already mentioned..
                            but I have no idea how/if it's possible to code it.

Many thx
                            Last edited by dj22522; 07-16-2011, 07:42 AM.

Comment

Full Disclosure: The one I referenced is authored by me. I developed it because I was dissatisfied with others on the market, free or not. I was inspired by the one developed by Investor/RT and which FuturesTrader71 uses. I wanted one like that in IRT; highly accurate, efficient, and as easy to use as possible.
                              miker (aka. CriticalTrader on Twitter)

Comment

If you download the indicator, don't forget to request a copy of the current ES Tick VAP cache file! With default parameter settings you will not see a profile on your chart without it. Click here and include your machine id in message.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                                Started by set2win, 08-04-2021, 09:23 AM
                                39 responses
                                0 likes
                                Last Post WaleeTheRobot  
                                Started by md4866, Today, 08:15 PM
                                0 responses
                                0 likes
                                Last Post md4866
                                by md4866

Started by mjbatts91, Yesterday, 04:48 PM
                                2 responses
                                0 likes
                                Last Post mjbatts91  
                                Started by pibrew, Today, 06:10 PM
                                1 response
                                0 likes
                                Last Post NinjaTrader_Manfred  
                                Started by actualfacts.2021, 07-25-2021, 03:11 PM
                                8 responses
                                0 likes
                                Last Post linkcou
                                by linkcou

Working...
                                X