Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

bug in NT charting

Hi,
    I believe I've found a bug in the latest NT7.

- run a backtest that includes drawing to chart (in my case I'm drawing multiple diamonds to indicate market structure setups)
    - go to charts - everything ok, ie you can see the objects you have drawn
    - go to 'trades' backtesting tab
    - highlight row
    - right click, select "chart"
    - chart opens, everything is okay - you can see the objects you've drawn
    - close this chart
    - highlight another row, right click, show chat
    - no objects are shown -- error
    - go back to original chart in the backtesting "chart tab", no objects shown there now -- error

Please advise asap
    thanks
    Daniel

Thanks much for the detailed report Daniel, I could reproduce here and will have my developers look into matters.
    BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Daniel, development has confirmed this is unfortunately a current limitation you run into here - we have this though on our list to look info for a future NT version.

Comment

Hi Bertrand,

This is not really acceptable is it? This is not a request for an additional feature, it's a feature that the NT team has in the software and is a clear bug.

When you are backtesting a strategy, you often want to look through the trade executions list, right click and jump to the trade on the chart, to verify your setups are correct for the trade.

If when you do this, the drawing objects you've added to the chart disappear, you can't check the setup you are trying to look at!!

Can you please reconsider this, and advise whether this will be fixed in upcoming updates.

Is there a bug tracking repository / list online somewhere that shows what's scheduled for upcoming updates to the software?

this should be added.
        thanks

Comment

also, i can't seem to find this thread when i search on the forum. have you disabled it so no one can view this or something? wierd, i can't see it come up when i search for "polarbear" but all my other posts come up.
          i can only get to this from the link in the initial email sent to me.

Comment

Originally posted by PolarBear View Post
            also, i can't seem to find this thread when i search on the forum. have you disabled it so no one can view this or something? wierd, i can't see it come up when i search for "polarbear" but all my other posts come up.
            i can only get to this from the link in the initial email sent to me.
            I see it

Showing results 1 to 9 of 9
            Search took 0.03 seconds. Search: Keyword(s): polarbear Thread / Thread Starter Last Post Replies Views Forum bug in NT charting
            PolarBear
            Today 09:32 PM
            by PolarBear
            4 79 Automated Trading

Comment

it's coming up now in the search since i reposted. In any case, please reply to the comments in the actual post please. This is a big that's been identified and I would like to know when I can expect it will be fixed in an update, as I have clients that require this functionality to view setups on the charts easily.

thanks

Comment

Originally posted by PolarBear View Post
                it's coming up now in the search since i reposted. In any case, please reply to the comments in the actual post please. This is a big that's been identified and I would like to know when I can expect it will be fixed in an update, as I have clients that require this functionality to view setups on the charts easily.

thanks
                For the 2nd time in a week, honestly - I don't work here.

I'm sure NT_Bertrand will get back to you, and by the way, there is no public list for 'fixes' or 'updates'. I've read that response quite a few times here.

You get a #.

If you want a list, you could mine all the #s they post here, but I think you would go crazy and spend a week or 2 at 10 hours day. ok - maybe not that long. But you'll see lots of old #'s that may or may not have fixes and it will be confusing to track. Then you will go crazy.

Comment

PolarBear, there's no direct bug-tracker feature you could review - you're running into a limitation here that development has on it's list to look into for the next major NT update; I would unfortunately not have an ETA for you at this moment, but will post the tracking # of this item gladly once I have it here.

Comment

PolarBear, this is now filed under tracking # 1574 in our product developement lists - thanks much for bringing it up and helping us improve our NT platform further.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                    Started by XXtrader, Yesterday, 11:30 PM
                    2 responses
                    0 likes
                    Last Post XXtrader  
                    Started by Waxavi, Today, 02:10 AM
                    0 responses
                    0 likes