Updating Instrument Lists

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Updating Instrument Lists

Over the last couple of months, I've added about 4000 stocks to the Instrument Manager, usually by importing lists of symbols via File / Utilities / Import Stock Symbol List. The problem is, that method only allows you to define the symbol and primary exchange, but not the stock name or commission information. Is there a way to update these things en masse? There's no way I'd ever want to enter 4000 stock names or commissions individually.

For example, if the Import Stock Symbol List had a grid format, I could build a comparable spreadsheet with columns that line up to the grid and then just copy and paste it into the Import Stock Symbol List screen.

Also, while we're on the subject of stock information, can we have a user-defined field for each stock that's also updatable en masse, and accessible to a NinjaScript strategy? If so, I'd put in trading instruction codes that my strategies could reference (i.e., use different exit strategies for ETFs and UltraETFs than for regular securities). Thanks!

Hello,

I will send all this feedback into development.

Thank You very much.

-Brett

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by nicthe, Today, 09:24 AM
    1 response
    0 likes
    Last Post nicthe
    by nicthe

Started by samish18, Today, 10:13 AM