Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Charts don't roll to the next day

Hi,

I am testing a new automated strategy (on forex) using NT7 with IB.

IB logs off every day which is fine for what I want.

However, when I restart the connection and strategies (1 strategy running on 4 different forex pairs) a problem arises.

If I restart my IB connection and the strategies on the current trading day, the charts stop updating at 12am
    (or when the next trading day starts.)
    In other words, the chart end-date does not update to the next trading date automatically.

The only way I can stop this happening is to ensure that I restart the strategy when the next day has begun and update the chart end-date manually to the latest date.

Is there any way to automate this process so that I don't have to do it manually every day? Ideally I would like to just reconnect IB whenever I want and away I go, happy in the knowledge that the chart end date will update with the roll over to the next day.

thanks in advance
    Kevin

I see the same thing with my TDA connection, since the indexes I'm looking at are only 9:30-4, the charts won't roll over to the next day over night.

I generally wait till morning and connect on Monday and leave it open all week (which then works!)

I only have about 5 charts to fix the date on... so isn't too bad here.

Originally posted by ksaunders71 View Post
    Hi,

I am testing a new automated strategy (on forex) using NT7 with IB.

IB logs off every day which is fine for what I want.

However, when I restart the connection and strategies (1 strategy running on 4 different forex pairs) a problem arises.

If I restart my IB connection and the strategies on the current trading day, the charts stop updating at 12am
    (or when the next trading day starts.)
    In other words, the chart end-date does not update to the next trading date automatically.

The only way I can stop this happening is to ensure that I restart the strategy when the next day has begun and update the chart end-date manually to the latest date.

Is there any way to automate this process so that I don't have to do it manually every day? Ideally I would like to just reconnect IB whenever I want and away I go, happy in the knowledge that the chart end date will update with the roll over to the next day.

thanks in advance
    Kevin

Comment

Welcome to our forums here Kevin and thanks for the input shared sledge.

What NT7 release version are you working on here as this is seen?

The charts would be expected to auto roll to the next data if the currentday was set as last date before, however a data tick has be seen by NT falling into the selected session template boundaries.
      BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks Bertrand,

We have the latest version of NT7 (8). Both conditions you specified are met.

For example, today, I connected to IB, then I had to manually increment each chart from the 20th to the 22nd in order to see live data.

regards,
        Kevin

Comment

Thanks Kevin, in which timezone are you working here? Just curious as you say today = 22nd.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Bertrand View Post
            Thanks Kevin, in which timezone are you working here? Just curious as you say today = 22nd.
            I am in Melbourne but NT is running on a VPS with NY time.

The 22nd is appropriate because thats when the forex market (and globex) opens. ie Sunday evening

Comment

Thanks for clarifying - could you please forward me your logs / traces and workspaces used via Help > Mail to Support so I could attempt reproducing here?

What OS / .NET version do you use on the VPS?

Comment

Windows server 2008 / latest .net.

I haven't had the problem for a few days now. Can we leave this open for a bit and the moment I get the problem again, I will send you the log/trace files at that moment?

Comment

Originally posted by ksaunders71 View Post
                  Windows server 2008 / latest .net.

I haven't had the problem for a few days now. Can we leave this open for a bit and the moment I get the problem again, I will send you the log/trace files at that moment?
                  Thanks, of course. Please monitor it and get back to us if you see it persisting.

Comment

Originally posted by sledge View Post
                    I see the same thing with my TDA connection, since the indexes I'm looking at are only 9:30-4, the charts won't roll over to the next day over night.

I generally wait till morning and connect on Monday and leave it open all week (which then works!)

I only have about 5 charts to fix the date on... so isn't too bad here.
                    I just want to mention it looks like I have found a work around to my issue here.

On Sunday - if I connect Rithmic then TDA, the TDA charts aren't "touched" and don't roll over on Monday, requiring me to go on each TDA chart and set the END DATE for the data series to Monday's date.

Now, if on Sunday, I connect to TDA, the charts are touched, I can then disconnect, then connect to Rithmic (charts are touched), and then reconnect back to TDA. All charts work Monday morning.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                    Started by bill2023, Yesterday, 08:51 AM
                    8 responses
                    0 likes
                    Last Post bill2023  
                    Started by yertle, Today, 08:38 AM
                    6 responses
                    0 likes
                    Last Post ryjoga