Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Charts stop updating

Good Morning:

I am having an issue were charts stop updating price bars. If you look at the Bid/Ask on the chart trader panel, they continue update, while the price bars do not. I first reported the issue on 1/27/11. http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/f...ad.php?t=37888 I am unable to reproduce it at will. It occurs at random. Usually in the first hour of the market open 930-1030est. The last 2 times it has occured have been at 955est right when the consumer confidence numbers were released and on the ES. I tried to document it the best I could this time.

NT 7.0.1000.6
    IB TWS 917.8

The instrument that stopped updating this morning was the ES 09-11. Consumer Confidence was released and ES started to drop. The BID/ASK on the Chart Trader continued to update but the price bars stopped. BID/ASK on the chart trader panel matched the BID/ASK on TWS.

After waiting 5 minutes and no movement in the price bars I did Reload All Historical Date on the ES chart Which produced the chart below. All the missing bars were drawn on this 1 min chart. But the price marker went back to 1311.00 which is were the bars stopped updating, paused for 3 seconds then went down to the current or correct price and started updating the price bar to follow price. A second Reload All historical Data corrected the bad bar and continued to update both bars and BID/ASK since then.

Screen shot after second Reload All Historical Data

This affected all ES charts on 2 different work spaces. I had 2 additional workspaces open, one with the EURUSD and another workspace with charts for the SSO. They were not affected. The chart template is set to <use instrument> and checking the instrument manager shows CME US Index Futures ETH.

Since I first discovered this issue back in January, I have reloaded both the computer os (Vista) and reloaded NT 7 from scratch. It was first noticed on stocks, and now I am seeing it on indexed futures. I can not reproduce this, it occurs at random but almost always in the first hour of trading 0930-1030est.

Would you please check into this thank-you.

Hi TraderJesse,

Thanks for reporting this.

I understand that this is not an issue which occurs each time, but can you think of any conditions which make the issue more likely to occur? Ultimately, we will need something which we can reproduce on a somewhat consistent basis to troubleshoot this issue.
    KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Bad Tick Filter?

I have the bad tick filter enabled. I found a post from 2010 where the person was having the similar issue that I am. I'll disable Bad tick filter and see what happens.

Comment

I have the same problem. When the market had a big price change (up or down) in a short period time, my ES chart didn't update. I think TraderJesse described very clearly what the problem was. Please help to solve this issue.

Comment

Hello Trade_For_Free,

Unfortunately, I'm not yet able to recreate this issue on my side. Could you provide any additional details on the conditions which are typically present when this occurs?

Many times, this type of behavior can indicate a general performance issue. That being the case, the best first step would be to apply some of the performance tips listed here: http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/h...ance_tips2.htm
          KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by PhillT, 04-19-2024, 02:16 PM
          4 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post PhillT
          by PhillT

Started by ageeholdings, 05-01-2024, 05:22 AM
          5 responses