Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Fill or Kill

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fill or Kill

Hi,

Is fill or kill available for entries in NT? Alternatively, how can I prevent partial order filling? Please advise. Thank you.

Hi Zeos,

Fill or Kill is not currently available. Thank you for your suggestion on how we can improve NinjaTrader. It has been inserted into our tracking system with the unique ID # 829.
    Ryan M.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks Ryan.

Comment

Fok

Hi, just checking if any progress has happened regarding NT supporting FOK order types in ninjascript...?

Thanks

Comment

Hi gain247,
          Thanks for checking. There is no update here but I will be sure to add your vote in for this request.
          Ryan M.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Could you add my vote for this suggestion please?

Would also like some advice on handling partial fills. I'm using unmanaged orders.
            When a partial fill occurs, is it possible to cancel the order that was partially filled without causing problems? So that the balance of lots will never be filled? I would expect to wait until price moved a couple of ticks away to adoid overfill.

Thanks
            Dave

Comment

Added your vote in Dave, thanks.

Yes, you can cancel the partial fill if price moved away a bit, so that likely no in-flight incoming executions while you cancel could produce the overfill you're trying to avoid.
              Last edited by NinjaTrader_Bertrand; 09-26-2012, 01:41 PM.
              BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

How would you do that???

Comment

Hello,

You would use this sample to cancel and the next sample to monitor the status of an order:

When using NinjaTrader's Enter() and Exit() methods, the default behavior is to automatically expire them at the end of a bar unless they are resubmitted to keep them alive. Sometimes you may want more flexibility in this behavior and wish to submit orders as live-until-cancelled. When orders are submitted as live-until

-Brett

Comment

would the proposed FOK order type have an adjustable time delay between order acceptance and the kill?

Comment

Nothing is set in stone I will have this request recorded.

-Brett

Comment

Hi, is there any update on status of #829?

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_RyanM View Post
                        Hi Zeos,
                        Fill or Kill is not currently available. Thank you for your suggestion on how we can improve NinjaTrader. It has been inserted into our tracking system with the unique ID # 829.

Comment

No update at this time, I know that we plan on adding a lot of user feature requests in our next major release of the software which is under development now. I do not have an expected release date at this time for that unfortunately.

-Brett

Comment

Me too...

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Brett View Post
                            No update at this time, I know that we plan on adding a lot of user feature requests in our next major release of the software which is under development now. I do not have an expected release date at this time for that unfortunately.

-Brett
                            I would also request this to be added to the next major release. Which will occur when by the way?

Comment

Follow up question

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Brett View Post
                              Hello,

You would use this sample to cancel and the next sample to monitor the status of an order:

When using NinjaTrader's Enter() and Exit() methods, the default behavior is to automatically expire them at the end of a bar unless they are resubmitted to keep them alive. Sometimes you may want more flexibility in this behavior and wish to submit orders as live-until-cancelled. When orders are submitted as live-until

-Brett
                              Pertinent question - let's say for arguments sake that I only got partially filled 50 contracts after submitting a buy for 100. And for instance I have rolled my own stop logic in my onExecution() method:

Code:
                              if (execution.Order.OrderState == OrderState.Filled || execution.Order.OrderState == OrderState.PartFilled || (execution.Order.OrderState == OrderState.Cancelled && execution.Order.Filled > 0)) {

stopOrder 	= ExitLongStop(0, true, execution.Order.Filled, longStop, 
                                 STOP_LOSS,   LONG_POSITION);
                                 // etc...							
                              }
                              As you can see there is no reference to quantity. What happens here if I get filled a few seconds later again to complete the 100? Will onExecution be called again and automagically adjust the quantity?

I have not run into problems in the past few years but I may now as I'm switching to other markets, some of which may be less liquid. So I would prefer not to learn this lesson the hard way.

I hope the above is clear - if not please ask.

Thanks!

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by iceman2018, 04-27-2024, 05:07 PM
                              1 response
                              0 likes
                              Last Post NinjaTrader_Manfred  
                              Started by adaisguy, Yesterday, 10:27 PM
                              0 responses
                              0 likes