Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

dataseries change

Hello,

I´m running NinjaTrader on 3 computers (1 life-license and 2 demos for testing). It occurs on one computer that when I want to start a strategy from the chart - as I do on the other computers - the dataseries change immediately to seconds (before having selected the strategy). What might be the reasons that this occurs please?

Thanks
    Tony

Tony,

The most likely reason for this is using unsupported code that sets interval. I believe we discussed this by email a couple weeks ago. If you don't know what script may be doing this, I suggest working from a clean installation, and only adding in safe scripts one by one, checking functionality at each time. Please let us know if you would like instructions for a clean install and backup/restore.
    Ryan M.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello,

incredible - few minutes after posting this issue I found the solution - after having done several days with this problem and checking all strategies.

There is a strategy to download called "connection monitor". After having deleted this strategy it works and it doesn´t change to datafeed seconds anymore.

Maybe someone needs this information too.

Happy trading!
      Tony

Comment

Hi Ryan,

same moment I wrote solution.

Thanks to you.

Best
        Tony

Comment

Glad you spotted it. Thanks for the follow- up.

Comment

Hi Ryan,

not weekend yet for you;-)

After coming to an end with strategy development - sure you´re happy about;-) I want to ask how I can "clean up" NinjaTrader. The reason for this question is that when compiling it takes a very long time on the newer computer with only 5 charts on the screens. On the older computer the compiling is much faster - even there are 15 charts on the screens.

What might be the reason - number of strategies? What to do for "packing" maybe.

Thanks
            Tony

Comment

Yes, it can take longer to compile the more scripts you have. Steps are:
              Make a backup of your other settings,
              Uninstall
              Delete documents\NinjaTrader 7
              Reinstall
              Restore backup.

Please follow the steps listed below to completely uninstall and reinstall NinjaTrader:

1. Close all running applications.
              2. Then from the Start menu select --> Control Panel --> Add and Remove Programs.
              3. From Add and Remove Programs select NinjaTrader 7 and click Remove.
              4. Then manually delete the folder "NinjaTrader 7" located under Start --> My Documents.
              5. Delete any NinjaTrader installation files. This can be done by going to Start --> My Computer --> Search button --> search for (NinjaTrader*) --> select Local C Disk and then press search.
              6. Then you will need to clear your internet browser cache and history. You will clear this from within your internet browser (with IE, Tools-->Options, delete cookies and files, clear history).
              7. Reboot your machine.
              8. Once these steps are completed, download NT7 from the link below:
              Download

Please let us know if you are able to get up and running after the reinstall.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by GLFX005, Today, 03:23 AM
              0 responses
              1 view
              0 likes
              Last Post GLFX005
              by GLFX005

Started by XXtrader, Yesterday, 11:30 PM