NinjaTrader Direct vs Standard

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NinjaTrader Direct vs Standard

What exactly are the differences between NinjaTrader Direct and the Standard version?

Thanks

Hello StockStalker,

Thank you for your post.

Direct Edition License allows you to trade live without purchasing a Live Edition License. This functionality to trade live without purchase means that certain features, such as Chart Trader, ATM strategies, NinjaScript, etc are not included as part of the license.

The Standard Edition License will have all of the advanced features of NinjaTrader
    MatthewNinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

Thanks for the quick response,

So chart trader is not included in Direct edition, that means I'll continue paying for the standard edition.

By the way do you know of any brokers that offers NinjaTrader Standard for free? I checked out AMP and Mirus but they only offer NT Direct for free.

Thanks again

Comment

Hi,

I'm not aware any brokers will offer NinjaTrader standard for free. You will have to either purchase or lease the standard edition license key .
        MatthewNinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

Okay thanks Matthew, I'll just continue using the standard edition.

thanks again for the quick response.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Matthew View Post
            Hello StockStalker,

Thank you for your post.

Direct Edition License allows you to trade live without purchasing a Live Edition License. This functionality to trade live without purchase means that certain features, such as Chart Trader, ATM strategies, NinjaScript, etc are not included as part of the license.

The Standard Edition License will have all of the advanced features of NinjaTrader

I apologize if I'm writing in this post.
            One thing isn't clear. If I would like to upload a C# indicator in the Direct edition, is the platform enabled to do it?

Thank you
            aandb

Comment

Hi aandb,

Thanks for your post. Great question!

Yes, the Direct Edition license does allow you to import new indicators.
              KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

New user here. I haven't been able to import some indicators into the direct edition while some have been fine. Should it be possible to import a .cs file? If not, how do I deal with these indicators that are not in .zip format. Also, should a direct edition user be able to edit an indicator and import it? ie edit labels on an existing indicator and import to a new name. I've seen some posts on this and seemingly have done as instructed, and while the import of the indicator seems successful (as measured by the msg box confirm), the indicator does not appear in the indicator list. Thank you, Jimmy

Comment

Jimmy,

Welcome to NinjaTrader!

Direct edition users cannot edit nor compile NinjaScript files, as indicator and strategy development is a feature reserved for users of the Standard Edition. However, Direct Edition users can import indicators from .zip files via the usual method of File > Utilities > Import NinjaScript.

Technically, a NinjaScript file that is left as a .cs file is not the supported way of exporting NinjaScript files. The proper way to do so is to use File > Utilities > Export NinjaScript. Direct Edition users will require a Standard Edition user to export the indicator the proper way in order for them to import it.

Standard edition users can place .cs files into My Documents / NinjaTrader 7 / Bin / Custom / Indicator . They will then have to load an indicator file and compile. One can do so in the Control Center by going to Tools > Edit NinjaScript > Select a file > Click the "Compile" button in the toolbar. The reason indicators do not show up for Direct Edition users this way is because they cannot compile them.

Please let me know if I can assist you further.
                  Adam P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thx for confirming what I suspected.
                    Any incentive/offer for an MC user to switch to NT standard, as MC is offering to NT users.

Comment

Hi Snooop:

Thank you for your interest in NinjaTrader!

NinjaTrader already builds discounts into our purchase options so our users always receive the best value for their live trading. We do not provide additional discounts above our standard pricing options for users converting from other platforms.

However, you may contact our sales team directly at sales at ninjatrader dot com so they may look at your specific inquiry to determine if one may be appropriate. Please address your inquiry to Attn: Ryan S and reference this post.

Thanks
                      RyanNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

NinjaTrader Direct Edition for CQG

Hi

Does the NinjaTrader Direct Edition for CQG provided by AMP futures have the static super DOM enabled? TIA

Comment

Originally posted by Brutus View Post
                          Hi

Does the NinjaTrader Direct Edition for CQG provided by AMP futures have the static super DOM enabled? TIA
                          This is your option to decide. Just let us know if you want static enabled through support along with your license key.
                          RayNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by Brutus View Post
                            Hi

No I just checked it only has dynamic super dom.
                            What is the difference?
                            I found the difference, its not much.
                            Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.
                            Last edited by Mike_32; 01-15-2014, 10:08 PM.

Comment

RCG NT edition?

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Matthew View Post
                              Hello StockStalker,

Thank you for your post.

Which edition does Rosenthal Collins group give their clients? Will I need to purchase NT licence?

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by zstheorist, Today, 07:52 PM
                              0 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post zstheorist  
                              Started by pmachiraju, 11-01-2023, 04:46 AM
                              8 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post rehmans