Exported NinjaScript being linked to other assemblys

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Exported NinjaScript being linked to other assemblys

I'm getting the following warning when exporting and protected indicator.
    5/12/2011 5:13:32 PM|2|4|Please be aware that the exported NinjaScript Archive File can only be imported if the target PC has the following assembly(s) loaded: UtilityLibrary, System.Drawing.Design, System.Design, FTBreakOutNoel, FeltonTradingDivergencePro3017

The ind. I am exporting has no reference to the other asseblies. FeltonTradingDivergencePro3017 is a comercial ind. that can not be referenced.

How do I export protected ind. without these references?

Hi zacharydw00,

Thank you for your post.

Since the indicator you are trying to export from your installation of NinjaTrader a commercial indicator I would recommend you contact the provider of the indicator, as it pertains to their commercial software.

The message there indicates that you would not be able to use that indicator unless you also export the associated assemblies since they are required and referenced within the indicator you are exporting.
    Ryan O.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

If you read my question it states
      Originally posted by zacharydw00 View Post
      The ind. I am exporting has no reference to the other assemblies.
      To put it another way, the ind. I am trying to export does not reference the ind. listed in the error message. In fact, the ind. I am trying to export does NOT reference any thing else. It is self contained.

So, how do I export a protected ind. without these references?

Comment

zacharydw00,

In attempting to export from your copy of NinjaTrader the commercial property of the indicator provider you will not be able to accomplish this because it is a commercial indicator.

The distribution, whether importing or exporting, of their indicators is handled by the provider and you will want to contact the vendor for that reason.
        Ryan O.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I am NOT exporting a commercial indicator.. I am trying to export an ind. that I wrote myself, that has NO reference to the assemblies mentioned in the error message. There is NO ind. from another vendor involved from my code. I don't know how to make that any clearer to you. The error message I'm getting is incorrect and I need to know how to fix Ninja's export process.

Comment

Hello zacharydw00,

Thanks for your patience. When you export as an assembly, NinjaTrader looks at your whole environment and includes other assemblies that are part of it. If you don't want these to be included you can export as source, or uninstall other assemblies before exporting.
            Ryan M.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Would be very useful to be able to exclude certain references when exporting for this very reason. Uninstalling/installing assemblies just for the purposes of exporting a "clean" dll is a hassle.

Whitmark
              whitmark
              NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - Whitmark Development

Comment

Thanks, Whitmark. We have added this to our enhancement list, tracked with ID # 969.
                Ryan M.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

So is this error I'm getting a bug in NT's export process? Is NT creating unsubstantiated references when exporting code?

Comment

zacharydw00,

This is not a bug. It is how the NinjaScript environment works which is precisely why the message shows up to inform you of such.
                    Josh P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

ok, if you open that YourExportedIndie.zip, you will find Info.xml. Extract it and wipe references from that xml, repack, and try importing to another installation. This dirty hack should do the trick. Maybe NT fix this one day more cleverly as discussed in http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/f...4&postcount=21

Comment

This isn't working for me. Info.xml contains no references that I can find. I wiped AdditionalReferences.txt, but I still get errors. For some reason, I've never been able to import a file that had been re-zipped.

Here it is 5 years later and we still have no way to export a strategy without references to every stray indicator and strategy that might reside on the coder's platform? I've been working with software creation and design since 1994, and I cannot imagine how this *feature* got into the requirements list in the first place. It's even harder to imagine why it's still there.

Originally posted by andrius View Post
                        ok, if you open that YourExportedIndie.zip, you will find Info.xml. Extract it and wipe references from that xml, repack, and try importing to another installation. This dirty hack should do the trick. Maybe NT fix this one day more cleverly as discussed in http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/f...4&postcount=21

Comment

Hello angela d,

May I have a screenshot of the error message you are getting?

To send a screenshot with Windows 7 or newer I would recommend using Window's Snipping Tool.

Click here for instructions

Alternatively to send a screenshot press Alt + PRINT SCREEN to take a screen shot of the selected window. Then go to Start--> Accessories--> Paint, and press CTRL + V to paste the image. Lastly, save as a jpeg file and send the file as an attachment.

Click here for detailed instruction
                          Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks for your response Chelsea. Please provide me with an email address to which I can send it. I don't wish to post the list of commercial products that I use on a public forum.

Comment

Hi angela d,

Our support email is platformsupport [at] ninjatrader [dot] com.

You can also send in a message from the help page on the NinjaTrader website by clicking the Contact Support button.
                              http://ninjatrader.com/Help

If you have any other 3rd party dlls imported into NinjaTrader this will prevent a script from being imported correctly.

As a tip, in my practice I keep two NinjaTrader 7 folders in the Documents directory. One of these contains my usual every day settings, 3rd party scripts, etc. The other folder is created from a new installation and contains no 3rd party scripts. When I need to export, I shutdown NinjaTrader 7 and rename my every day folder 'Documents\NinjaTrader 7.current\' and rename 'Documents\NinjaTrader 7.clean\' to 'Documents\NinjaTrader 7'.
                              By changing the names and copying just the files over I need to export, I have clean installation to export with that does not produce any errors.
                              Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by benmarkal, Yesterday, 12:52 PM
                              3 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post NinjaTrader_Gaby  
                              Started by helpwanted, Today, 03:06 AM
                              1 response
                              0 likes