date format - id 745

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

date format - id 745

From the above thread - any idea where this is in the queue. Surely bugs, even ones that you don't care about in the US, should be taking priority over new dev. What is this about being a 'global' product?

thanks
    Dave

Dave,

Please understand that we strive to incorporate all user requests and we do continue to monitor and consider them prior to every new development phase. Unfortunately there are sometimes unplanned items that result in requests like yours being delayed. For example, the CME recently informed us of mandatory changes required to all of our broker adapters to maintain CME compatibility. This was not something in our plan but at this point in time all development efforts are now focused on it since keeping NinjaTrader CME compliant is critical to nearly every NinjaTrader user and is a significant engineering task. Sometime after this task is completed we will resume our previously decided development schedule including an investigation of the overall NT user experience, how to improve it and this item will be included for discussion at that time.

With that being said, let me just make sure we are on the same page for this issue. When I set my PC location and formats to UK, all dates on the chart and Strategy Analyzer are in DD\MM\YYYY. I do not see any such discrepancy as you have described where the chart's crosshair would be US formatted with MM\DD\YYYY.
    Attached Files
    Josh P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Here are the charts and Strategy Analyzer when I set my computer to US. Everything is shown in MM\DD\YYYY across the board.
      Attached Files

Comment

Josh, you're not looking at a date attached to a crosshair - that would be why you're not seeing the problem. Please see attached.

I appreciate your point about prioritisation of development, but let's face it, plenty of new non-CME stuff has been developed without fixing bugs such as these. If I didn't bring it up again, I really do suspect it could be years.
        Attached Files

Comment

Thank you for clarifying the exact specifics of the scenario you were referring to. I have updated #745 with a more comprehensive description.

Comment

Could you please move this to the bugs list, since that's what it is. The suggestions list seems to be permanently on hold now anyway. I've been waiting for this rather simple fix for over a year now.

thanks
            Dave

Comment

Hello,

Thanks for checking in on this feature request.

This is on our list to look into changing inside of NinjaTrader in our next major revision of the software. Along with this change it includes other settings that are separate to this one that do not currently change based on region.This is in order to make the platform more friendly to different regions then the US. This is something that is important to us moving forward. However in the current version of NinjaTrader 7 this is a limitation at this time.

-Brett

Comment

Brett,

This is not a 'feature request'. It is a bug fix.

When you say major revision, do you mean 7.1, or do you mean 8? And are you talking typically months or years? Please just manage my expectations somewhat.

thanks
                Dave

Comment

Do not have an ETA or estimate to give you at this time. Expectation should be set that it will be some time before the next major release. Major release would be something like 6.5 to 7 for example.

Comment

Right, so I imagine at least a year and probably more like 2-3.

Difficult to square that with your comment about regions outside the US being important to you going forward.

By the way, this is not some aesthetic nice to have. It's genuinely confusing and irritating when you see a date of 3/6 and you can't remember whether that piece of functionality has been coded properly to use the locale or not. You may not be aware that the whole of the world outside the US doesn't use the US date format.

Comment

dave1992, thanks again for reporting this in : we're now tracking this as a bug and development is looking into.
                      BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                      Started by PaulMohn, Today, 05:00 AM
                      0 responses
                      0 likes
                      Last Post PaulMohn  
                      Started by ZenCortexAuCost, Today, 04:24 AM
                      0 responses
                      0 likes