Interactive Brokers XAU/USD chart not loading

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Interactive Brokers XAU/USD chart not loading

The default settings for XAU/USD in the instrument manager do not load the chart. The chart message is security definition is not found. Interactive brokers has recently introduced spot gold and silver.

My TWS version is the recommended 911
    The IB symbol map is XAU.USD

Any idea on how to load XAU/USD data from IB into my NT charts.

Thanks.

Hello draco,

Can you please tell me if you receive data in TWS when you select the XAUUSD or XAGUSD. When I type these instrument symbols in TWS, I only see 'Futures' highlighted. If I subsequently select an expiry month, I do not receive any data.

Try the following. Please go to Control Center-->Tools-->Instrument Manager, highlight the XAUUSD and click Edit. Uncheck the Default exchange and enable the IBIdealPro exchange instead. Click Ok.

Restart NinjaTrader and check if you receive data for the XAUUSD.

If not, could it be you reside in the US, Canada, Australia or Hong Kong?
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Jason View Post
      Hello draco,

Can you please tell me if you receive data in TWS when you select the XAUUSD or XAGUSD. When I type these instrument symbols in TWS, I only see 'Futures' highlighted. If I subsequently select an expiry month, I do not receive any data.

Try the following. Please go to Control Center-->Tools-->Instrument Manager, highlight the XAUUSD and click Edit. Uncheck the Default exchange and enable the IBIdealPro exchange instead. Click Ok.

Restart NinjaTrader and check if you receive data for the XAUUSD.

If not, could it be you reside in the US, Canada, Australia or Hong Kong?
      http://www.interactivebrokers.com/en...&ib_entity=llc
      Hello Jason.

To get the Spot gold quotes in tws you need to type in xauusd and xagusd for gold and silver respectively. it will specify london gold and silver and list it as a commodity.

I am also not a resident of US Canada or HK. I believe the problem is either due to these instruments having different configurations than other FX instruments or maybe incorrect tick sizes. If need be please get in touch with IB to get to the bottom of it. For now I am having to use gold futures as a substitute chart.

Thanks.

Comment

I have attempted all your suggestions Jason and nothing is working. Please look into in indepth

Regards.

Comment

Hello draco,

Unfortunately our IB account does not seem to be authorized for these instruments. I tried the IB demo account as well, but it does not list the spot gold and silver when I type in XAUUSD or XAGSD.

Could you perhaps send me an email at support[at]ninjatrader[dot]com including your IB username and password, so I can test it on my end. Please put 'Attn Jason' in the subject header and reference this forum thread.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Jason View Post
            Hello draco,

Unfortunately our IB account does not seem to be authorized for these instruments. I tried the IB demo account as well, but it does not list the spot gold and silver when I type in XAUUSD or XAGSD.

Could you perhaps send me an email at support[at]ninjatrader[dot]com including your IB username and password, so I can test it on my end. Please put 'Attn Jason' in the subject header and reference this forum thread.
            Well, you could go into your IB account management and set to receive market data for these instruments. they come in the metals tab. Or you could also try the conventional IB demo with the name "edemo" and pass as "demouser" I'm sure you'd understand why i don't wish to transmit usernames and passwords over a medium as insecure as email

Regards.

Comment

Hi,

I encounter the same problem with the new XAUUSD & XAGUSD symbols from IB....not getting data into NT7.....i believe problem consists on the introduction of
              the new security type "Commodity" ......

regards
              Kon

Comment

I enabled the 'UK Cleared Commodities', however I am unable to receive data for these instruments as well.

I suspect it is related to the 'Commodity' instrument type as Kon mentions. I will check with development if this is as expected and if this can be supported in the future.

Thank you for your feedback.

Comment

Unfortunately these instruments are not supported in NinjaTrader, since the DTB exchange is not supported.

It has been inserted in our tracking system for feature requests. It has been assigned with ID# 835.

Comment

Any news about this one?

Comment

Unfortunately there is no news regarding this feature request.

Comment

I like to point out that the XAUUSD and XAGUSD are supported with Kinetick if you include a Premium forex subscription.

Please see the link below for more information regarding Kinetick.

Comment

Why should I pay extra if I already have the data subscription through IB?

Comment

Hello symphys,

If you need to receive data for the XAUUSD and XAGUSD in NinjaTrader and you only have an IB connection, you can subscribe to another data feed to receive data for these instruments since they are not supported with IB in NinjaTrader.

Comment

stock type CMDTY

I see this "problem" is a bit old. All you guys need to do is add a new stock type CMDTY and this will work. What is so hard about that? There are many people wanting this symbol. XAUUSD exchange=SMART type=CMDTY LondonGold
                              "Unfortunately, this is not supported" is a bit old also.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by rtwave, 04-12-2024, 09:30 AM
                              2 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post rtwave
                              by rtwave

Started by tsantospinto, 04-12-2024, 07:04 PM
                              5 responses
                              0 likes