Error when trying to run strategy in Market Replay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Error when trying to run strategy in Market Replay

I'm not sure what happened. It was working fine earlier. But now, every time I try to start a strategy in Market Replay, it won't let me Enable it. I can't check it

**NT** Enabling NinjaScript strategy '' : On starting a real-time strategy - StrategySync=WaitUntilFlat SyncAccountPosition=False EntryHandling=AllEntries EntriesPerDirection=1 StopTargetHandling=PerEntryExecution ErrorHandling=StopStrategyCancelOrdersClosePositio ns ExitOnClose=True/ triggering 30 before close Set order quantity by=Strategy ConnectionLossHandling=KeepRunning DisconnectDelaySeconds=10 CancelEntryOrdersOnDisable=True CancelExitOrdersOnDisable=True MaxRestarts=4 in 2 minutes

Any idea what is going on?

Hello lookoutBelow,

Are there any error messages noted in log tab of control center when you click enable?
    Ryan M.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Another followup.

This (in my initialize) will cause it to stop working as explained in the first post.

Add(PeriodType.Tick, 1);

Funny thing is, I had this in earlier and it was working fine.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_RyanM View Post
        Hello lookoutBelow,

Are there any error messages noted in log tab of control center when you click enable?
        No. No errors

Comment

Fixed it. There is some sort of software bug or something was corrupted.

I saved the strategy under a new name and compiled that new one. It ran fine. It was the exact same code that failed earlier.

Comment

I have the same problem. Strategies won't enable in replay, no error message. Any other solution other than lookoutbelow's?

Addendum to my question above--I've discovered how it works--you have to right click on the chart you are doing a strategy, go to strategies, and make sure enabled is set to True. It seems in replay, running a strategy must be set from the chart of what you are replaying.

Additionally, if you already have a strategy chosen before you do replay, you have to remove it and then choose it again to be run. If you don't delete it and reinsert the strategy, the enabled field will go back to False.
            Last edited by LTWCI; 02-11-2011, 07:19 PM.

Comment

LTWCI,

Thanks for the follow-up and glad to hear you were able to get it sorted out. I can see the same thing here with strategies on charts before starting market replay and will forward to development.

Comment

Following up - This result is expected due to the account change. When you originally apply the strategy, it is run against Sim101 or a live account. In replay, the only account available is Replay101. In order to run the strategy against this account, you must remove and add it back again.

Comment

I found this old post, but I am having a similar problem with Market Replay: My strat will not enable either on the chart or on the Strategies tab. I have tried removing the strat, adding it back, but when I set Enabled to "True" and hit "Apply", it defaults back to "False". I have restarted Ninja, reconnected to Market Replay, added the strat, and still, it will not enable. In the Strategies tab the checkbox remains grayed out. No errors, either. Log just prints: "Simulation account Replay101 reset"

BTW, the strat runs fine in sim or real time.

I have also tried some sample strats taken from these forums--same issue.

Any ideas?

Comment

Hi Billy Valentine,

Does it show that you are currently connected in the lower left of control center? Is there available data for the instrument and date/time you're on? Can verify this by right clicking > Available Data on the market replay controls.

Comment

Yes, I am connected to Market Replay (shows green in lower left corner of Control Center). Yes, there is available data going way back and it replays just fine in the chart. Just cannot enable the strat, or any strat for that matter.

Comment

Hi Billy,

Which version of NT are you using? And when and where did you obtain the market replay data?

I think there is some incompatibility between NT7 market replay and NT6.

Regards

Kay Wai

Comment

All data is from Zen Fire and all Market Replay recordings were made with NT 7.0.1000.6

Problem occurs on all data, whether recent or farther in the past.

Comment

Thanks for the additional information, Billy. The only time we've seen this is when you're using a non -replay account or an error is noted on log tab of control center. At this point, it will work best to duplicate your NT environment here. Can you please send a note to support 'at' ninjatrader 'dot' com so we can arrange this. Include a link to this thread.

Comment

Hello

Having the exact same issue here ... What was the solution ?

Regards

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by SnailHorn, Today, 10:49 PM
                              0 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post SnailHorn  
                              Started by naanku, Today, 07:25 PM
                              0 responses
                              0 likes