|12-04-2010, 10:07 PM||#1|
Join Date: Oct 2009
Thanked 1 time in 1 post
Kinetick EOD service & related data questions
I have a couple of questions about data.
1) If I pull data from the historical data manager, using the minute setting and the Kinetick EOD service, I don't get any minute data download. I can get daily. Perhaps, historical intraday minute data is only for paying subscribers?
2) When downloading data from the Historical Data Manager, if you download tick data, can it be used for replay data?
3) Please confirm - Replay data is stored separately from historical data? Replay is at C:\Users\[Username]\Documents\NinjaTrader 7\db\data. Historical is at C:\Users\[Username]\Documents\NinjaTrader 7\db and then within day, minute, tick as appropriate?
4) From File > Utilities > Download Replaydata, for $AUDUSD, I get "Error on downloading replay data: NinjaTrader data server does not support this instrument, no data available" and this is proper? I only had L1 data checked.
5) If I use two data connections, IB primary and Kinetick as secondary, I can Reload all historical data but only after EOD (if using free service)? This relates to Q1. IB data only goes back one year for minute data, where as Kinetic says it goes back 2 years (even though it didn't work for me).
6) If I miss recording data for replay, there is absolutely no way to recover that via importing unless somebody gives me their ndx files and I copy them into the directory for replay data?
7) There is no support for the IB gateway for a data connection? Is there any planned?
|12-05-2010, 05:10 PM||#2|
NinjaTrader Customer Service
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Denver, CO
Thanked 0 times in 0 posts
Kinetick EOD will support Daily intervals & longer. If you need access to intraday data then you will need to subscribe for this service.
Market Replay data is recorded and stored in compressed files located in the <Installation Folder>\db\data folder. Note: this is separate from historical data.
Note all instruments will be available for download (for Market Replay). When you encounter an instrument that is not available you will need to access it via subscription.
Please see the following regarding connection to multiple data sources:
You must use standalone TWS 906 (browser version NOT supported) with the current production release of NinjaTrader. There is no planned support for Interactive Brokers Gateway.
Please let me know if you have any additional questions.
NinjaTrader Customer Service
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Question On Kinetick EOD Data||maxreturn||Miscellaneous Support||0||12-03-2010 01:01 PM|
|VIX not updating Chart or Data with Kinetick Data Service||BrianL||Charting||13||11-11-2010 06:12 AM|
|Kinetick - A new Market Data Feed Service for NinjaTrader||NinjaTrader_Ray||Version 7 Beta General Questions & Bug Reports||169||09-08-2010 01:07 AM|
|Kinetick Market Data Service Launched||NinjaTrader_Ray||News and Announcements||0||07-26-2010 08:21 AM|
|Using EOD data from a T/P Service||Pasha||Connecting||3||06-22-2009 09:25 AM|