Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Locking Account selection in IB advisor

Hello

I have an advisor IB account that I connect NT to for data and trading. When NT connects All TWS pages and things like the account page lock on one account and I cannot select other accounts. Thats is other Sub accounts or the main Advisor account. It just sticks on the same sub account and I cannot change it with the drop down account selection in the TWS window or accounts windows.

It only happens when NT is connected and doesn't happen when other APIs are connected, like Zeroline trader, to TWS.
    Last edited by Tremblinghandtrader; 11-09-2010, 02:04 AM.

Hello Tremblinghandtrader,

Please contact IB support to troubleshoot this issue. Unfortunately I am not sure why TWS acts this way when connected in NinjaTrader.

I am not as familiar with TWS as IB support. They should be able to clarify why TWS acts the way you describe.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

!!!!

They said contact you. especially as it ONLY happens when NT is connected not other programs.

Comment

Yes, but the issue relates to functionality within the TWS platform. You experience unexpected behavior of TWS. IB should be able to assist you with this.

If not, please send me an email at support[at]ninjatrader[dot]com including the contact information of the person at IB you worked with.

Comment

Jason, I am experiencing the same account lockups for the Advisor account as Tremblinghandtrader. Has there been a resolution to this issue?

The response I received from IB is as follows:

This issue is due to an API Program requesting account updates. If you are running an API Program that is connected to TWS and that program is requesting account updates for a specific account then it is preventing your TWS from switching between accounts. To resolve this issue you need to cancel the request being made by the API Program you are using.
          If you are using a Vendors software then please contact the Third Party Vendor for further assistance.

Thank you,
          -Angel
          IB API Support

Comment

Hello dargente,

Unfortunately I am not aware of a workaround.

Once connected to IB, NinjaTrader will load account updates such as open positions. I do not see a way to prevent it.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Jason View Post
              Hello dargente,

Unfortunately I am not aware of a workaround.

Once connected to IB, NinjaTrader will load account updates such as open positions. I do not see a way to prevent it.
              Jason can you please get someone else to look at this. I have used NT since 2007 (version 6.5 & 7) with this Advisor set up WITHOUT this problem. Then sometime recently, maybe at a guess around NT 18ish, this started to occur.

You're saying there is no work around but its a NEW problem.

Comment

Please note that the issue relates to functionality of TWS. Unfortunately we cannot provide support for that.

As per the information you included from IB, the issue is caused by NinjaTrader requesting account information. However if that would be disabled, I do not see how you can trade your IB account in NinjaTrader.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Jason View Post
                  Please note that the issue relates to functionality of TWS. Unfortunately we cannot provide support for that.

As per the information you included from IB, the issue is caused by NinjaTrader requesting account information. However if that would be disabled, I do not see how you can trade your IB account in NinjaTrader.
                  OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Why has it worked fine up until a few months ago?

Comment

Unfortunately I am not sure why it worked fine before. We did not change anything in this regard as per NinjaTrader 6.5.1000.18.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                    Started by llanqui, Yesterday, 09:59 AM
                    8 responses
                    0 likes
                    Last Post llanqui
                    by llanqui

Started by quicksandatl, Today, 01:39 PM
                    1 response