Collapse

Ninjatrader 7.0 64-bit not connecting to Zenfire

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So....the end result for ZenFire users is that the 64-bit API is still not 'approved' for real use??

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Chip View Post
    Hello dave1992

Once the fix is in place NinjaTrader users will be notified. Once the issue has been resolved we will know more as to what the underlying complication was & will be able to relay that info as well.

Please let me know if you have any additional questions.

Comment

So are we still on for mid Dec? Do we know what the exact issue is?

thanks
      Dave

Comment

The issue with 64-bit Zen-Fire only applies to users with non US regional PC settings and unfortunately we do not have an update at this time.

If your account is based in the United States, you should have no issue enabling 64-bit Zen Fire.

You can enable this feature by going to Tools--> Account Connections--> Highlight your Zen-Fire connection and press "Change". From the account connection options wizard, please locate the "3.X API" option and enable it.

You should then be able to run Zen-Fire in 64-bit mode for your US based account.

If your account is not held within the United States, you will need to use the 32-bit version of NinjaTrader with Zen-Fire until further notice. You should have no issues with Zen-Fire, NT V7 32-bit and Windows 7.
        Christopher J.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks Chris.

It's a real shame we weren't we given accurate information to start with, or again when I asked for clarification.

There's a huge difference between non-US users and non-US-account holders.

Comment

I think I may have misunderstood this as well.

My account is with Mirus which is in Chicago. So, even though I'm not in the US my account is.
            So I should be OK connecting to ZenFire with NT 64-bit, is that correct?

Comment

US account from non US holder: 64 bit is ok with Zenfire?

Originally posted by FatCanary View Post
              I think I may have misunderstood this as well.

My account is with Mirus which is in Chicago. So, even though I'm not in the US my account is.
              So I should be OK connecting to ZenFire with NT 64-bit, is that correct?
              Anyone at NT tech support could clarify about this question, please?

Thank you,
              Paul
              Last edited by paulg; 01-08-2011, 04:54 PM.

Comment

Hello paulg,

If you are connecting from outside the US the alert pertains to you.

ChipNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Progress report please?

Comment

Hello Treggs,

The issue remains in effect, but development is working with Zen-Fire towards a resolution. As more information becomes available, we will update this thread.
                    KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Kyle View Post
                      Hello Treggs,

The issue remains in effect, but development is working with Zen-Fire towards a resolution. As more information becomes available, we will update this thread.
                      Thanks Kyle

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Chip View Post
                        Hello paulg,

If you are connecting from outside the US the alert pertains to you.

Come on guys, at least get the info correct. This above is just plain wrong isn't it? According to earlier posts it depends where your account is based, not where you're connecting from.

Comment

dave1992,

Thank you for bringing this up. I'm sorry for all of the confusion on this matter.

I've just received further clarification from development:

This issue effects any user who's PC uses non-US region settings. The issue can effect anyone who is using NinjaTrader 7's 64 bit Zen-Fire connection.

Where the trader is physically located in the US and whether the account is based in the US has no impact.

Again, sorry for any confusion. If any other questions come to mind, please let me know.
                          KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

That's an absolute disgrace. You've let me trade live for nearly a month (and who knows how much longer if it hadn't been brought up) thinking that that this wouldn't affect me.

Risking real money which could have caused me losses because you are unable to put out a straight response.

We all know that you're not going to be liable for losses, so when people are trading with real money please don't just make up stuff that affects live trading and production software. If you don't know, please just say so.

Comment

Again, sorry for confusion. That's what it is, nothing more or less. The issue is a price formatting in the underlying API that is used to establish a connection to the Zen-Fire servers. This impacts non-us regional PC's. We are in a holding pattern until the technology provider sends us an updated API.
                              RayNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Ray View Post
                                Again, sorry for confusion. That's what it is, nothing more or less. The issue is a price formatting in the underlying API that is used to establish a connection to the Zen-Fire servers. This impacts non-us regional PC's. We are in a holding pattern until the technology provider sends us an updated API.
                                Doggone it! you all refer to this post re: the on-going problem...

which apparently hasn't been updated with the current information...

http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/f...3&postcount=24 ==> "This issue effects any user who's PC uses non-US region settings. "

and the method to enable 64-bit for zen-fire:

"If your account is based in the United States, you should have no issue enabling 64-bit Zen Fire.

You can enable this feature by going to Tools--> Account Connections--> Highlight your Zen-Fire connection and press "Change". From the account connection options wizard, please locate the "3.X API" option and enable it.

You should then be able to run Zen-Fire in 64-bit mode for your US based account."

So I've done that having had the same complaint on 1/14/2011 as first posted by Pedro...

Which is it...

=> DON'T USE 64-BIT WITH ZEN-FIRE?

OR

=> OK IF YOU MAKE THE SUGGESTED CHANGE TO THE ACCOUNT CONNECTION SETUP?

As a former process design consultant, my suggestion:is that you put out accurate and consistent information and keep your posts up-to-date. Not only will this simple change reduce the frustration and annoyance of your customers (who keep you in business), but also will hugely reduce the time and efforts of your support staff.

While I'm at it giving out free advice, the first post quoted above should have read: "This issue affects any user who's PC..." not effects..."
                                see http://grammar.quickanddirtytips.com...us-effect.aspx

Saroj

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                                Started by cmtjoancolmenero, Yesterday, 03:58 PM
                                3 responses
                                0 likes
                                Last Post cmtjoancolmenero  
                                Started by Brevo, Today, 01:45 AM
                                1 response
                                0 likes
                                Last Post NinjaTrader_ChelseaB  
                                Started by rjbtrade1, 11-30-2023, 04:38 PM
                                2 responses
                                0 likes
                                Last Post DavidHP
                                by DavidHP