Collapse

What does this mean

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nope.. Just tested it out. Doesn't work. No level 2 data. I get current bid/ask, but no level 2 on dom. This is with zenfire connection only

Comment

Ok... Tried something different. On the ninja beta 64 bit, i had historical data turned off. When i went back and turned it back on, the level 2 data came up, even as zenfire being the second connection. But, when i connect to zenfire, even though i have kinetick as the main connection, it uses zenfire for historical data for the ES... which it shouldn't. It reloads the charts when i connect to zenfire.... This is def a bug.

Comment

Ok... Here it is. Found the bug.
        When I have zenfire to auto connect as the second connection after kinetick, the level 2 data works. If i manually connect to zenfire after all the charts are launched and ninja is loaded, there's no level 2 data. Remember, historical data has to be turned off for zenfire in the connection account settings, then level 2 data won't show for some reason.
        This should be reproducible on your end. Also, remember, this is in the 64 bit environment.
        Please report back with your results.

Comment

So there's 2 bugs here. If historical data is turned on for zenfire, it uses it to load historical data even though the main connection already provides it, in which this case is kinetick( 64 bit only).... When historical data is turned off, and zenfire isn't set to auto-connect, there's no level 2 data being displayed.

Both 64 bit environment. None of the above problems occur in the 32 bit environment.

I also noticed that ninja uses more memory in the task manager when in 64 bit mode, where as in 32 bit mode it uses about 30% less memory...

This has been consistent when i checked with another machine.

Finally, you guys have to fix ninja as to when a connection can't be established, it still launches.. For example, i have kinetick first connection, zenfire second connection as backup, both set to auto-connect. If i launch ninja and connects to kinetick, but can't connect to zenfire, ninja won't load the workspace... This needs to be fixed.
          Last edited by playafh69; 10-14-2010, 12:49 AM.

Comment

Any word? have you guys been able to replicate? try during the overnight period....

Comment

Kyle is looking into it and will get back to you when he has something to report.
              Josh P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks... I don't know how this happens. Today during the trading session, it was fine. Right now its seems to be ok as well. Level 2 data is showing.

As far as historical data, i have a chart template if you want to test it out.
                And finally, do you guys think there could be a fix with the auto-connect feature i described above. If ninja has a connection to auto-connect, and it can't connect for some reason, ninja won't load( no workspace).
                You can try this by creating a connection with false credentials( so it can obviously fail) and have it set to auto-connect. You'll see that ninja won't load the workspace when you restart ninja.
                I know you might think loading the workspace is useless when there's no connection, but when you have more than one feed, the backup can still load and ninja can use that for the workspace.

Thank you

Comment

playafh69,

Thanks for your patience. Sorry for the delay, it took significantly longer to find an account that would work for this test than I had anticipated originally.

1.) I'm not able to reproduce the issue with Level II data that we've been discussing despite my best efforts. That said, all testing has occurred during market hours. I will give this another shot after market close today, however.

2.) We are aware of the auto-connect issue. As it stands, this is a limitation but I will forward your feedback on to my development team for further consideration.
                  KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thank you..... As far as the connection issue, it would be nice if it could get fixed. If the auto-connect doesn't work because of issues, there's really no way around it but to delete your connection settings configuration if you want to launch ninja by going into the ninja 7 folder.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                    Started by anton_tymoshchuk, Yesterday, 01:14 AM
                    5 responses
                    0 likes
                    Last Post NinjaTrader_Gaby  
                    Started by Angus7, Today, 04:43 AM
                    0 responses
                    0 likes
                    Last Post Angus7