Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NYSE & NASDAQ Stock Symbol List for NT7

Hey,

I am posting this for anyone who may need it. When I upgraded to NT7 I ran into a problem of many stocks I trade needing to be updated with the exchange they trade on for IB. The way I trade I do not have time to do this on the fly as needed during the day and I see new stocks all day everyday.

This is a quick and simple fix for anyone else who runs into the problem. Simply import one NYSE symbol list and set the list for the NYSE exchange. Then import the NASDAQ list and set it for the NASDAQ exchange. This list should cover most all stocks that could be in play on any given day for daytrading. They are all priced over 5$ , 30 day average volume over 500,000 and a Market Cap over 100 million.

If anyone needs less then 5$ stocks let me know, many on the list may have been covered by the default exchange in NT7 however throughout a brief attempt over 50% of symbols I tried to get charts for today would not load and required me to manually go into instrument manager, locate the symbol and edit the symbol from the default exchange to the NYSE or NASDAQ. These two lists cover over 1000 symbols between the two exchanges with the requirements listed above..

1st Save the file to your desktop Then:

NT > File > Utilities > Import Stock Symbol List > Load > Choose Exchange > Name the list > Hit OK

Do this for both the NYSE symbol list and exchange and then again for the Nasdaq symbol list and exchange.

Hope it helps someone...
    R.T.
    Attached Files

Thanks for sharing it RT.
    BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks a lot for this idea - when I feed it with TD Ameritrade or yahoo it finds the symbols but with IB like you say - maybe 50% it tells me to add second data - meaning if it is Naz I need to enter Naz besides default - and I cannot do that each time so this a good idea - NT should do this as default.

I looked though not extensively yet for list of AMEX and full list for Naz and NYSE as I do trade under 5 and sometimes low volume - so if you know source please post -

thanks so much for your suggestion

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by lightsun47, Today, 03:51 PM
      0 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post lightsun47  
      Started by 00nevest, Today, 02:27 PM
      1 response
      0 likes