Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Provider name OnConnectionStatus

Hi,

How do I get the Provider name of the OnConnectionStatus event handler?
    - My primary connection is Zen-Fire broker account
    - Second data feed Kinetick Realtime

Thank you in advance.

Sam

Bars.MarketData.Connection.Options.Provider.ToStri ng()

A Known Issue with NT7 is the name of the second connection is always the same as the first.For Zen that returns "Hosted".

Comment

Bars.MarketData.Connection.Options.Provider

protectedoverridevoid OnConnectionStatus(ConnectionStatus orderStatus, ConnectionStatus priceStatus)

It would be ideal if we have:

1) Bars.MarketData.Connections[] or
      2) receive provider info via OnConnectionStatus to identify which conection is beeing handled in this instance of event...

Thanks MXASJ for your reply.

Sam

Comment

You might find this code handy. Its part of a Strat I run whenever I'm trading, though it doesn't trade itself and just monitors things. Note ConnectionStatus appears to be called OnStartUp() as well.

In Variables:

Code:
        [COLOR=blue]private[/COLOR] [COLOR=#2b91af]ConnectionStatus[/COLOR] badPriceDataFeed = [COLOR=#2b91af]ConnectionStatus[/COLOR].Connected;
        [COLOR=blue]private[/COLOR] [COLOR=#2b91af]ConnectionStatus[/COLOR] badOrderDataFeed = [COLOR=#2b91af]ConnectionStatus[/COLOR].Connected;
        And the main code

Code:
        [COLOR=blue]#region[/COLOR] OnConnectionStatus()
        	[COLOR=blue]protected[/COLOR] [COLOR=blue]override[/COLOR] [COLOR=blue]void[/COLOR] OnConnectionStatus([COLOR=#2b91af]ConnectionStatus[/COLOR] orderStatus, [COLOR=#2b91af]ConnectionStatus[/COLOR] priceStatus)
        	[COLOR=green]//This method is caled once for every change in connection status[/COLOR]

{[COLOR=green]//Open OnConnectionStatus()[/COLOR]
        		[COLOR=blue]if[/COLOR] (BarsInProgress != 0) [COLOR=blue]return[/COLOR];
        		badPriceDataFeed = priceStatus;
        		badOrderDataFeed = orderStatus;

Print([COLOR=#2b91af]DateTime[/COLOR].Now + [COLOR=#a31515]" Connection '"[/COLOR] + Bars.MarketData.Connection.Options.Provider.ToString() + [COLOR=#a31515]"' Order Server: "[/COLOR]
        			+ orderStatus + [COLOR=#a31515]". Price Server: "[/COLOR] + priceStatus + [COLOR=#a31515]"."[/COLOR]);

[COLOR=blue]if[/COLOR] (badOrderDataFeed == [COLOR=#2b91af]ConnectionStatus[/COLOR].ConnectionLost && alertsWindow)  Alert([COLOR=#a31515]"orderconnectionlost"[/COLOR], NinjaTrader.Cbi.[COLOR=#2b91af]Priority[/COLOR].High, [COLOR=#a31515]"Order Server Connection Lost"[/COLOR], [COLOR=#a31515]"triple_klaxon.wav"[/COLOR], 10, [COLOR=#2b91af]Color[/COLOR].Red, [COLOR=#2b91af]Color[/COLOR].White);
        		[COLOR=blue]if[/COLOR] (badPriceDataFeed == [COLOR=#2b91af]ConnectionStatus[/COLOR].ConnectionLost && alertsWindow)  Alert([COLOR=#a31515]"priceconnectionlost"[/COLOR], NinjaTrader.Cbi.[COLOR=#2b91af]Priority[/COLOR].High, [COLOR=#a31515]"Price Server Connection Lost"[/COLOR], [COLOR=#a31515]"triple_klaxon.wav"[/COLOR], 10, [COLOR=#2b91af]Color[/COLOR].Red, [COLOR=#2b91af]Color[/COLOR].White);
        		[COLOR=blue]if[/COLOR] (badPriceDataFeed == [COLOR=#2b91af]ConnectionStatus[/COLOR].Connected && badOrderDataFeed == [COLOR=#2b91af]ConnectionStatus[/COLOR].Connected && alertsWindow)  Alert([COLOR=#a31515]"connectionsOK"[/COLOR], NinjaTrader.Cbi.[COLOR=#2b91af]Priority[/COLOR].Low, [COLOR=#a31515]"Price and Order Server Connected"[/COLOR], [COLOR=#a31515]"Connected.wav"[/COLOR], 10, [COLOR=#2b91af]Color[/COLOR].Green, [COLOR=#2b91af]Color[/COLOR].White);
        		[COLOR=green]// NOTE: If you connect to a second data source or broker, the connection name will always refer to the primary connection.[/COLOR]
        		[COLOR=green]// That is a Known Issue with NT as of NT7b15.[/COLOR]

}[COLOR=green]//CloseOnConnectionStatus[/COLOR]
        [COLOR=blue]	#endregion[/COLOR]

Comment

sammano, please try out the provided code and let us know if you have any other questions/concerns.
          AustinNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Multiple connections

As I mentioned in the bottom of my thread I’ve two simultaneous connections and I need to check precisely which of the connection lost.

I found another way of checking the Provider of the trading account price/data feed by enumerating “Bars.MarketData.Connection.Accounts” object. I’ve just coded it and test for couple of days. If that works I will post back here.

Thanks guys.

Sam

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by Damocoleman, 03-30-2022, 09:49 AM
            17 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post Mykro
            by Mykro

Started by junkone, Yesterday, 02:19 PM