Scale Justification and shifting scales

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Scale Justification and shifting scales

Below is an image using Right justification for both the DataSeries Price and an indicator that simply plots the possible range bar closes at H or L. The Right scale is correct. Both are Right justified, not overlayed. Everything looks copacetic.

Now, if I change the DataSeries justification but not the indicator justification to Left, both DataSeries and indicator justifications are changed, note the lack of a right axis.

Now if I change the indicator back to right justification, the values are displayed on the correct axis, however, the right axis values have no relationship to the DataSeries. The left axis values are in the correct place and the right axis plot values are at the chart extremes of High and Low.

Is this expected behavior for NT 7 b21? Is there a way to set both axes to the same scale,i.e., the DataSeries Price in this case?
    Last edited by snaphook; 09-12-2010, 11:46 AM. Reason: Added a question

Snaphook, I will have someone get back to you tomorrow.
    AustinNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

snaphook,

This is indeed expected. When you move the DataSeries between scales, the indicators attached to it will follow along if they were on the same scale to begin with. If you move hte indicator to a different scale, the DataSeries does not follow because the relationship is only one directional. Meaning, indicators are attached to DataSeries, but DataSeries are not attached to indicators.

As your indicator goes onto the right scale again, the DataSeries is on the left scale and both of your scales are not on the same max/min settings anymore and if you really wanted them to be the same you would need to right click onto the y-axis to bring up its properties, switch it to Fixed mode, and manually input in max/min settings for it. Otherwise it will be on auto scale mode based on whatever items exist on that scale justification.
      Josh P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by ETFVoyageur, Today, 04:00 PM
      0 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post ETFVoyageur  
      Started by AaronKTradingForum, Today, 03:44 PM
      1 response
      0 likes