B21 upgrade - All custom indicators gone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

B21 upgrade - All custom indicators gone

I followed the required steps for upgrading. Now all my custom indicators are gone and I can't try importing them again because there are ninja script errors (which weren't there before upgrading). Is this related to new ninja script methods in b21? Is there an easy fix?

Mpe

Mpe, can you please first of all ensure you can compile all script as presently installed right now?

NinjaScript method wise those changes below were introduced with B21 release -

Code:

NinjaScript indicators
    @PriorDayOHLC/@CurrentDayOHL uses new NinjaScript method 'GetTradingDayFromLocal()' instead of 'GetSessionDate()' which is not public anymore.

NinjaScript
    GetSessionBar() was not working as expected on some session templates and is now deprecated. Please use new GetDayBar() method instead.
    BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Bertrand View Post
      Mpe, can you please first of all ensure you can compile all script as presently installed right now?

NinjaScript method wise those changes below were introduced with B21 release -

Code:

NinjaScript indicators
      @PriorDayOHLC/@CurrentDayOHL uses new NinjaScript method 'GetTradingDayFromLocal()' instead of 'GetSessionDate()' which is not public anymore.

NinjaScript
      GetSessionBar() was not working as expected on some session templates and is now deprecated. Please use new GetDayBar() method instead.
      Ok, I removed imarketprofile7_b and now my indicators compile and work again. But now I get another problem. The same problem as mjc4118 reported here. I have a custom indicator, vwap oscillator that uses the VWAP indicator. My oscillator is plotted correctly in its own panel, but now the VWAP indicator is overlayed on the price panel for some reason.

Mpe

Comment

Mpe, ok good to hear - are you setting the ScaleJustification from any of those indicator programmatically? Any way I could give those are run here on my B21 to check into?

Thanks

Comment

Ok I've attached the scripts. You need to use cvax version of VWAP for it to work. I noticed another problem too. When I try saving my workspace I get a message that nt needs to shut down, email support etc. This doesn't happen when saving a workspace that doesn't contain any of my custom indicators.
          Attached Files

Comment

Thanks - will test them and get back to you.

Comment

I have this exact problem with my custom indicator. It worked on b20. now it overlays on top of the price chart and hides everything. Needless to say, I was not able to find any workaround and ended up removing my custom indicator.

Comment

Question on these 2 scripts

When I installed V21 I had problems with the 2 files that are mentioned here

@CurrentDayOHLC and @PriorDayOHLC

I deleted them and all my other scripts compiled fine and all is well now

I then used the old version of these 2 from the back up I had made just before the update.

They also compiled fine

I didnt try to use them

Is this the best solution or is there a better one???????????

Thanks

Comment

Unfortunately you run into serialization issues with those custom indicators applied - to clarify: If I add the VWAP osc you coded, I see the osc in panel 2 and VWAP levels on panel 1, was this different in Beta 20 for you then?

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Bertrand View Post
                    Unfortunately you run into serialization issues with those custom indicators applied - to clarify: If I add the VWAP osc you coded, I see the osc in panel 2 and VWAP levels on panel 1, was this different in Beta 20 for you then?

Thanks
                    Yes I didn't get the overlay in b20. And it sounds like at least two more people get the same problem in b21 with their different custom indicators. Any way to fix this?

Comment

I upgraded to Version 21 from 20 and I lost all my custom indicators also. I use Gomi indicators, and non of them can be compiled. Can you make version 20 available for download so that I can switch back to that.

Comment

Try compiling an indicator. See which indicator is causing the error and delete that indicator. That worked for me at least.

Comment

Originally posted by farshadro View Post
                          I upgraded to Version 21 from 20 and I lost all my custom indicators also. I use Gomi indicators, and non of them can be compiled. Can you make version 20 available for download so that I can switch back to that.
                          as you see in my previous post remove the 2 scripts and compile you should get most of the others back

Comment

Originally posted by richbois View Post
                            as you see in my previous post remove the 2 scripts and compile you should get most of the others back
                            Aren't they standard NT7 indicators and thus updated to work in b21? I didn't need to remove them at least.

Comment

Originally posted by mpe66 View Post
                              Aren't they standard NT7 indicators and thus updated to work in b21? I didn't need to remove them at least.
                              they are but these were the errors I was getting

I deleted them and replaced them with old version and all is good

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by rdtdale, Today, 01:02 PM
                              1 response
                              0 likes
                              Last Post NinjaTrader_LuisH  
                              Started by alifarahani, Today, 09:40 AM
                              3 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post NinjaTrader_Jesse