Zenfire connection problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Alfred View Post
    Are there redundant servers at NT for Zen Fire ??
    Does it matter? Regardless of redundancy, this is the third time there have been problems with the Zen-Fire connection for NT in the last month and a half.

Comment

Everything seems to be working fine for me now.

Comment

Originally posted by pimind View Post
        my broker is mirus, is everyone having issues with mirus?
        That's who I'm with too. I just sent my broker there, Sean Reilley this email:

Hi, Sean

Good Morning. Just to let you know there are connection issues with Zen-Fire this morning and I couldn't trade. Here's the link to the NT Forum discussion on this. http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/forum/showthread.php?p=185626#post185626 . I lost $1000 a few months ago losing my internet connection and then $1300 a few weeks ago the same way, although these weren't Zen-Fire related and had nothing to do with you guys. But if there are connection issues I'm out, as you can understand. Just wanted to let you know what's up. Thanks. Have a great day and week.

Best,
        Bruce

Comment

Originally posted by Radical View Post
          Everything seems to be working fine for me now.
          Yeah, but I don't trust it. It seems fine for a while and then breaks down again. I won't risk it as per my post below. I obviously wanted to trade. This is money lost.

Comment

Can't really risk trading when there's still uncertainty about the connection (in my never-to-be-humble opinion). Jason (or other in-the-know rep from Ninja), we definitely need to be advised when it's safe to go back into the water....

Comment

was anyone able to reach mirus trade desk? i tried calling them but the lines were busy. luckily, a few minutes later i was able to connect and close my trade

Comment

Originally posted by ImaNinja2 View Post
                was anyone able to reach mirus trade desk? i tried calling them but the lines were busy. luckily, a few minutes later i was able to connect and close my trade
                i havent been able to reach my broker or their so called emergency trade desk for half an hour now. what a joke

Comment

We experienced disconnections on our end as well, however we were re-connected again within a few seconds. The reset of the server was not related to these disconnections - it only caused you not being able to connect to the historical data server between 9:26 and 9:34. The disconnections from Zen-Fire are unknown yet. We did not experience a disconnection from Zen-Fire the last half hour.

Please note that NinjaTrader does not dictate when a connection is lost. It operates like a radio receiver in that it receives a signal from your broker and then displays/reports these signals back to you the trader. When a connection is lost, it is the broker's API that determines this and reports this to NinjaTrader which in turn reports this back to the trader.

We have contacted Zen-Fire regarding the loss of connections. As soon as there is news, I will let you know.
                  JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Evidently the NT historical server is getting different data than I did early today on Zen (Mirus)....the gap shown eary today in the first screen shot below did not appear when connected live early today...2nd screen shot shows no gap initially on live data around the open...

Thanks....
                    Attached Files
                    Last edited by Alfred; 08-16-2010, 09:41 AM.

Comment

This is really scary, I tried to open a possition and the connection problem started. the order was on pending state, then I tried to cancel it and because of the connections issues I was not able to cancel it, in the middle of my desperation the order was filled, and I had to wait almost 20 minutes to be able to close it but not before I closed and open again NT, this is not acceptable for a day trader, Initialy my order had stop loss and profit target but all that did not go through when the order was filled, I cannot trade like that, but I do not know what was the issue here, if NT or Zen-Fire but anyway this is not acceptable.

Comment

Hey Guys -- just a reminder that the more brokers like Mirus and Amp are aware of these Zen Fire problems, the more likely they are to either consider supporting other data feeds or pressuring Zen Fire to address their problems. Thus, you should consider emailing your broker about these problems.

Comment

We advise customers to contact their broker as soon as possible in such a situation. We do not manage your trading account and cannot do anything from our end. Your broker will be able to get you out of your position - we cannot.

I have been informed the connection issue has been resolved. If you are still not connected, please restart NinjaTrader and you should be able to get connected again.
                          JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

data is ok now, BUT NOT orders.

Comment

can place and cancel now.

Comment

Originally posted by bobbethgoo View Post
                                data is ok now, BUT NOT orders.
                                That's the problem I'm having too. I'll let it go for now. Just sent this to my broker at Mirus. BTW is everyone here with Mirus? Any other brokers involved?

My email:
                                Hi, Sean

You can continue to monitor that thread. Other people are having issues too. And they've evidently been unable to reach the trade desk for some reason. I had an order in a few minutes ago in my real account and then it took maybe 30 seconds to cancel it. So that doesn't work. I've just been paper trading which mostly does me no good. Guess I'll let it go for this morning. Hope this gets cleared up for tomorrow or later today. Appreciate your looking into it and letting your people know. Thanks. Have a good day.

Best,
                                Bruce

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                                Started by techgetgame, Yesterday, 11:42 PM
                                0 responses
                                0 likes
                                Last Post techgetgame  
                                Started by sephichapdson, Yesterday, 11:36 PM
                                0 responses