Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Strategy Sometimes Disappears

I connect To Market Replay.
    Open 2 250Tick CL charts. One has Indicators and chart trader and one is completely without indicators or "blank" except for the candle/market data.

I then select the start and end date range in the Market Replay Control Window

I then right click on my "blank" chart and add my strategy and set my strategy values.

I then Click on the Control Panel Strategy tab and enable the strategy.

I start Replaying by clicking on the Play and Fast Forward buttons. My strategy triggers, I click the PAUSE and review the results.

Sometimes I want to see a specific time replayed again to make sure what happened was what I wanted to happen and I will use the slider to slide BACK.

About 1 out of every 3 times I move the slider bar on the Replay Control window my strategy dissapears from the strategy tab and the chart. I then have to add the Strategy to the chart again and set my values, then "enable" it on the Strategy Tab.

I do not understand why the behavior of moving the slider bar on the Replay Control Panel is NOT consistent. Either the strategy should always stay there (preferred) or should always disappear (not preferred) The behavior is inconsistent and buggy.

I can make and provide a screen-capture video showing the behavior if required.

Hello mjc4118,

I tested this setup on my end, however so far the strategy does not disappear on my end. I modified the slider around 20 times, however each time the strategy was still present as expected. I used the SampleMACrossOver strategy and Market Replay data from 8/2/2010 - 8/5/2010.

Could it be you slide it that far back to a location where not enough candles are present to calculate your strategy conditions?

Can you please check what versionyou have installed - you can check this at Help-->About. Make sure you have version 7.0.0.19 installed.

Does the issue occur when you use the SampleMACrossOver strategy?

In addition, can you please send me your strategy, so that I can test your strategy on my end. Please send it to support[at]ninjatrader[dot]com. Put 'Attn Jason' in the subject header and reference this forum thread.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

No, I have the replay L1 and L2 data for the time period in question. I will see if I can reproduce while I get a video capture of the screen. That way you can see exactly what is happening and under what conditions.

Comment

It took me 1 minute and 22 seconds to reproduce. I recorded a windows screen capture movie so you can see it for yourself here.

Short clip of my desktop. At the 1 minute 22 second marker you see where the strategy disappears. Also you can clearly see steps to reproduce on the video.

This happens on multiple pc's. This is the latest Beta that I installed on a brand new vista machine over the weekend.

link to screen capture wmv

Comment

Hello mjc4118,

Unfortunately I am unable to replay the file on my end, see screenshot.

Do you experience any issues when you try to replay the file in Windows Media Player? Are you perhaps able to replay the file using a different application? If so, please tell me which one.
          Attached Files

Comment

Sorry about that.
            The meeting was recorded using Citrix GoToMetting.

Their codec is available on their web site here:

Comment

Thank you for the codec. Can you please check what NinjaTrader 7 version you have installed. You can check this at Control Center-->Help-->About. Make sure you have version 7.0.0.19 installed. If not, please install it and check if the issue persists in this version.

I tested your steps on my end using the SampleMACrossOver strategy, however I could not reproduce it so far. Are you able to reproduce the issue on your end using the SampleMACrossOver strategy?

Could you please send me the strategy you used in the video, so I can test that one on my end. You can send it to support[at]ninjatrader[dot]com. Please put 'Attn Jason' in the subject header and reference this forum thread.

Comment

I have not tried to reproduce with any other strategy.

Unfortunately my strategy represents 2 years of my life and much of my trading knowledge. While I am aware you folks have the utmost discretion and honor it is not something easily shared. I will however see if i can trim it up a little bit and take out some sensitive aspects of it and still have it result in the same issue that you saw in the video. This will take me a few days to achieve. Please be patient.

Thanks
                Mark

Comment

Also. I have .19 installed on a brand new machine.
                  The same behavior was apparent on version .18 also

Comment

Hello Mark,

I understand, no worries. Thank you for offering to modify it and testing it again.

We actually just released a new beta version (7.0.0.20). Could you please download and install this version.

I will await your outcome.

Comment

I emailed a strategy to support that exhibits the mentioned behavior.
                      along with raising and exception after being replayed a few times.

Comment

Hello Mark,

I did not see the email yet. Do you perhaps have a ticket number of the email you sent us?

Comment

the tag is 354967

Comment

I see, please continue to work with Bertrand.

Comment

Hello.

It has taken me some time on Version .20 to figure out the EXACT STEPS to reproduce this issue on this version ... but I can now consistently reproduce this on .20

I have made a movie file that uses the same codec as the last one ...that demonstrates the exact steps and shows the strategy disappear at time stamp 1 minute and 15 seconds..on the video

the link is here:

Version .20 strategy disappears

Enjoy.
                              Mark

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by Philippe56140, 04-27-2024, 02:35 PM
                              3 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post Philippe56140  
                              Started by port119, 04-27-2024, 02:43 PM
                              2 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post port119
                              by port119

Started by AaronKTradingForum, Yesterday, 02:37 PM
                              4 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post AaronKTradingForum  
                              Started by iceman2018, 04-27-2024, 05:07 PM
                              1 response
                              0 likes
                              Last Post NinjaTrader_Manfred  
                              Started by adaisguy, Yesterday, 10:27 PM
                              0 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post adaisguy  
                              Working...