NT 7.0.0.16 incorrectly adjusts timestamps on historical data import

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NT 7.0.0.16 incorrectly adjusts timestamps on historical data import

According to v7's Help, "NinjaTrader stamps a bar with the closing time of the bar. For example, a minute bar with a time of 9:31:00 AM has data from 9:30:00 AM through 9:30:59 AM."

In contrast, I have some historical 1-min data with bars stamped with their starting time. For example, a minute bar with a time of 9:30:00 AM has data from 9:30:00 AM through 9:30:59 AM.

So if I import that data into NinjaTrader, clearly I should select Format = "NinjaTrader (timestamps in import file(s) represent start of bar time)" in the Import tab of the Historical Data Manager.

Then NinjaTrader should change a 9:30:00 AM timestamp to 9:31:00 AM during the import process.

However, instead of ADDING 1 minute to the imported timestamps, it is SUBTRACTING 1 minute therefrom.

You can easily check this by importing a file which contains only one 1-minute bar, such as:

20060101 000000;1.98415;1.98435;1.98410;1.98425;100

The bar in this import-file example represents data for the very first minute of 2006. So the correct NinjaTrader timestamp after importing would be 01/01/2006 00:01.

However, on importing this (using Format = NinjaTrader (timestamps in import file(s) represent start of bar time)), NinjaTrader converted the date & timestamp to 31/12/2005 23:59 instead. That's two minutes out.

-----------------------------------
    Note that using Format = "NinjaTrader (timestamps in import file(s) represent end of bar time)" when importing historical data correctly results in no changes to timestamps. The above error only applies to selecting "NinjaTrader (timestamps in import file(s) represent start of bar time)"

-----------------------------------
    One more thing: How do I get threads in this forum to display in the right order, ie., with the oldest post 1st?

Thanks!

Hello Delve,

I tested the historical data import on my end and I was able to reproduce the issue. Once you import historical data that is time stamped at the starting time, the time stamp is two minutes off. I have forwarded your findings to Development to fix it. Thank you for reporting.

You can configure it via 'User CP'-->Settings & Options-->Edit Options-->Thread Display Mode and set it to 'Linear - Oldest First'.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Great. Thanks for both answers Jason.

Comment

Hi Delve !

The issue you reported is fixed, and the fix will be available with the next update of NinjaTrader.

Thanks for reporting,
        Christian
        ChristianSenior Software Developer

Comment

Thanks Christian!

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by arvidvanstaey, Today, 02:19 PM
          4 responses
          0 likes